MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  9:54:41 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls! I just signed up and am awaiting my badge and farmgirl number and I was thinking about what I would do with all of the wonderful merit badges that I will surely accumulate. I was wondering if any of you would like to share what you have done or will do with yours - ideas, pictures, whatever! I'll try to figure out how to post a picture of mine when I get it!

Melissa

Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without!

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  9:56:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I embroidered mine and will eventually put it on a denim jacket I have along with all the merit badges I earn. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  11:23:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I originally put them all on a long neck scarf~ but have been tranfering them to a tote after seeing Carrie M's delightful tote when she was at Farm Fair...

Rene'Groom
Sister #185
Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.RuralandRaw.blogspot.com
www.RuralFarmGirl.blogspot.com
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MissLiss

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  07:20:33 AM  Show Profile
ooo those are both great - when you're done with the tote Rene' I'd love to see a picture! I didn't think of a tote- I like the denim jacket idea, but my jacket doesn't really have a lot of space one the front that is not taken up by pockets and whatnot, so all badges would go on the back. As funny as this sounds, we have a TON of motorcycle gangs in my area and happen to live down the street from one of their favorite weekend hangouts. My husband thinks if I cover the back of my jacket with patches I'll look just like a gang member - I laughed and said "I don't think anyone will mistake ME for a gang member and I've never seen a motorcycle gang sport an apron wearing chicken as their logo!" So I don't know what I"m going to do, but I'm sure I'll figure something out with all the great ideas I get here!

Melissa

Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  07:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Some ladies have made a special Badge Apron and that is where they put them.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  10:45:00 AM  Show Profile
You all should see JessieMae's badge jacket
Denim jacket covered in badges. Then she painted the snaps with red nail polish and polka dotted them with white out. It is soooo darned cute!!!
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  11:51:07 AM  Show Profile
I have sent in my merit badge forms but am yet to recieve any word. If/when I get mine I have always thought of putting them on a tote.

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Instead of telling God how big your problem is....tell your problem how big God is.
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  07:51:41 AM  Show Profile
Oooo JessieMae's jacket sounds so cute! JessieMae, if you read this thread, please post a pic of your jacket! I looked at all the possible badges and there are 52, I think! I just don't know how that many badges could fit on one jacket! I'd love to see it!

Melissa

Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without!
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  09:05:52 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
The jacket is cute too. I saw a gal who sewed them to the liner of a jacket.. that was adorable. I also say one that was a yoyo belt with the badges.. CA-UTE. Then of course the ones on the APRONS... Toooo Cute..

Michele~ NOW YOU HAVE GONE AND DONE IT... LOL Now I like the Jacket idea AGAIN..LOL

Rene'Groom
Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  09:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
OH hey.. just to REALLY drive you all crazy. I just started printing and Matting the badges and framing them to my wall in my office too. I know... tooo cute, I will post the photo...

Rene'Groom
Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

MissLiss

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  4:54:58 PM  Show Profile
That's a great idea! I have a craft room/office and that would be perfect! It would drive my husband nuts, but I love it!

Melissa

Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without!
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  10:44:20 PM  Show Profile
So I think I've got the perfect idea! Since I'm going to be starting a chapter, probably right after the holidays, I thought it would be a great idea to put my patches on a tote. But not just any tote, one of those nice sturdy L.L. Bean totes - I'm thinking brown with "farmgirl" embroidered across the top! Then I can cover it with badges and fill it with whatever goodies I will need at our chapter meetings. What do you think?

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Or go without!
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  03:20:08 AM  Show Profile
That's a cool idea too! I love those totes as they are super durable..especially if you use them for shopping. They can handle the canned items super well!

I had thought about becoming a member for sure, but sadly, no one else lives nearby to start a chapter.

And I can't sew :(
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  09:27:15 AM  Show Profile
Ha! I don't think anyone lives too close to me...but I'm going to try it. I found one friend (HeatherAnn) who lives about 30 minutes down the freeway and that's it. But, since I put my Farmgirl bumpersticker on my car, one of the other ladies that I know (the mother of a friend of my 3 year old) asked me about it and said she would love to join! So you never know. And even though my "chapter" would only be 3 people total, all that means is fewer people to phone tree! Eventually I'm sure you'd find some girls! And even if you didn't, you can't get any merit badges without being a member! And I'd love to hear you brag about them! There are even online chapters for girls just like you! So don't get discouraged! And it doesn't matter that you can't sew! I can't do a lot of things, but that's part of the fun! You get to learn how to do all kinds of stuff as you try to get those badges! Good luck Anna!
P.S. when I start my chapter, you can be an honorary member!

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Or go without!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Member Badges? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page