Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 coming to the end *UPDATE*
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic coming to the end *UPDATE* Next Topic  

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  6:15:17 PM  Show Profile
so for those who dont know my fiance has been trying to get into the police department this year. its been a very very long process. going on since jan/feb. hes on the last bit. the academy starts late next month/early oct so if he is accepted we should know shortly. today he went for his psych evaluation. if he passes this its only a drug test, another physical, and a meeting with the police cheif.

im worried though. he works third shift and gets off at 9 in the morning and his appoinment wasn't until two this afternoon...meaning he was beyond tired for. its the part of this many month, multi step process he seems worried about. and that alone worries me. i would hate for him to be cut this far into, even more so because he was tired.

if he gets this job it means we can be together(we live five hours apart) and he'll be happy. which is a huge thing. any and all prayers all welcomed and greatly appriecated. i want to thank all of those who have kept us in your prayer this far. thank you so much.

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/

*UPDATE*

so we found out yesterday that daniel will not be going into the police department this time. i fear it was a lack of sleep that caused a poor pysche eval.

i have spent most of my day pretty numb. we were banking on this pretty hard. not to mention the feeling of being lost right now.

at this point he is going for plan b, which is the navy. atleast that is the direction he is headed for. and im not sure how i feel about that (ill start a new topic on that one)

we were told that most people dont make it their first try. and i know that down the road he will want to try again. but it seems God wants him to take a different path on this.

Thank you to everyone for you prayers in this. It's been very long and hard.

Edited by - Miss2Missus on Sep 05 2009 1:22:45 PM

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  6:40:38 PM  Show Profile
From another law enforcement family, have faith that God will open doors to be opened.

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  2:32:43 PM  Show Profile
Karen, how does your fiance thunk he did on the psych evaluation?
I hope all went well and he can get on to the next step. It is a very long process to be a cop, but I can certainly why they have to be so careful. I am sure your guy did just fine.

Mj

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  02:45:19 AM  Show Profile
That's the problem, he doesn't know how he did. He's really worried since he was running on such little sleep. The only solice is that the process is almost over so we should have to wait more than a couple weeks to find out.

Karen ^_^

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  07:17:49 AM  Show Profile
Karen ,I am praying that he gets a great report! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  2:31:47 PM  Show Profile
Karen, Sorry to hear that but dont give up because God knows what you both need and he will work things out for the best even though you may not can see it right now in the long run you will look back and say Oh thank God that he was watching over us! So keep your chin up, Gods plans are always better than ours. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  05:16:58 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry. Hang in there, there is a bigger plan, Keeping yo guys in my thoughts, Carol

how sweet it is to love some one, how right itis to care
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  06:45:49 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry Karen. You and he are in my prayers and I hope things work out for you two.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  1:56:12 PM  Show Profile
thanks Lainey. And thank you to everyone else. its been a tough few days.

Karen ^_^

Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  4:38:45 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry that your fiance didn't make it this time. It must be so disappointing for him and you. I so hope things will turn out in a way you will both be happy with.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  5:42:13 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry he did not make it. I had a friend who tried out for the police dept. (Sheriff) I was floored when he didn't make it. He was a hard worker, very kind, ran 5 miles a day, Tall, handsome & smart. I still can't believe he didn't make it. Last I heard he was working in a school setting, happily married and enjoying life. I was told he loved his job and the teens admired him which helped some kids stay clean. I'm sure God wanted him there, I'm sure God will help your man find the right job at the right time.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  6:54:02 PM  Show Profile
yeah we are putting are faith in God on this one. It's just hard right now. It means we don't know when we can move to be in the same state. Time will help some though.

Karen ^_^

Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic coming to the end *UPDATE* Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page