New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic wedding ideas Next Topic  

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  1:45:29 PM  Show Profile
As the VERY unofficial maid of honor to my friends wedding, I am looking for some decorating ideas. The church will be the venue, so do you gals have any idea what to do?? The wedding is in October, so maybe a Fall - ish theme will be nice?? Just looking for ideas really.
The decorating will be done by moi mostly because friend A says I am so creative Wherever did she get THAT idea lol

I do have a few ideas myself but just looking for some more input.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  6:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
My sister is getting married in 5 weeks. For the church she used purple lace and purple ribbon to make some phew bows. They were very inexpensive and they turned out very nice. She made the bows then put some fake ivy in them so that it cascaded down. Its an idea at least and its not that expensive to make either.

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  6:36:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marian,

Does she have any theme or color in mind?

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  11:54:04 PM  Show Profile
Claudia, there will be bows on the pews indeed. Saw them in a book I have, so they are in the making so to speak.

Peapicker, not a real color theme. But her dress is white (all I am gonna say lol. And maybe she is thinking about pale pink as an accent color. I had an idea yesterday eve and mailed it to her. Since it is Fall I thought about adding Pumpkins in a basket, maybe with candles and bows and putting the basket on the platform??

As I said, not a real color theme so I am open to all suggestions. But she is a romantic gal and adores a little frou frou lol.
(THAT is why we are such good friends YAY, my kinda gal !!)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)

Edited by - dutchy on Aug 27 2009 11:54:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sage
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Pam
Worland Wyoming
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  10:08:33 AM  Show Profile
Marian; I love to come up with wedding decoration ideas. Sooooooooo here are a few that just came to me. If your friend wants a fall wedding theme and likes pink, you could take branches, some with leaves and some without leaves and spray paint them white. Then you sprinkle on some pink and crystal glitter. Add in some branches and clusters of leaves in chocolate brown with a dusting of crystal glitter and shiny white or pink berries for a great autumn look. (Pumpkins look great painted white)

The second idea would be to use the crimson colors of fall with a touch of rose, pink and gold and you would have a stunning color combination to work with. Good luck with your decorating. Sage :)

Farmgirl sister #140
www.heritagedesigns.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic wedding ideas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page