Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  9:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay- so please excuse me if this sounds like a testamonial from an infomercial...BUUUUT.....

I LOVE my MaryJanes Farm bedroom set. I have the Grange set from when it was still available. And the sage green sheets.

I changed the bedding last night. I have two sets of sheets for our bed. One from Wal-Mart or Target and then I have MaryJane's. The one from the department store gets the job done- but last night... AHHHH!

The sheets when I first got them were crisp which was nice, but a bit different from what I was used to. But each wash (they are almost 2 years old now) they get softer and softer-but as far as I can tell haven't lost any body (they aren't getting thinner and wearing out). The sheets now feel like velvety butter or something as deliciously soft! There aren't any wear marks or thin spots which is not the case with the one from the department store! You can tell where we lay because there is a noticable thinness there and the elastic (which isn't nicely covered like MaryJane's sheets) is stretched and wearing out.

Then there is the comforter. I love this comforter. We were given a comforter by my MIL for a wedding present 2 years ago and it is already in tatters. But no wear is showing on the MJF comforter!!

You know how you have a favorite blanket that you cuddle with when sick or just not feeling well. For me, it's this comforter. It's big, It's heavy, It's warm. It's perfect. And the only blanket that Doug and I can share without fighting over blanket space. I love it. I love the feel of my feather pillows in the shams and the pillowcases.

And I really love the look of the bed when I fluff up my feather bed and have it all made up in MaryJane style with Miss Wilma embroidered pillows on top!

Just had to share before I go hop in bed! I haven't been able to think about anything but my bed all day! I want to slide under those cool sheets and cuddle the comforter around me while the night air chills the room! Come on fall! I want the chilly nose but warm body nights!! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  9:02:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
PS- www.belk.com is having a MaryJane's Home sale!! Check it out! Wow!!
http://www.belk.com/search/search_results.jsp?BELK_ENDECA_SEARCH%3C%3EsearchTerm=MaryJane&BELK_ENDECA_SEARCH%3C%3EsearchIn=productSearchAll&BELK_ENDECA_SEARCH%3C%3EsearchMode=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&BELK_ENDECA_SEARCH%3C%3EsearchFor=ROLLUPKEY&BELK_ENDECA_SEARCH%3C%3EcurrentSelection=&BELK_ENDECA_SEARCH%3C%3EtraversedPath=4294967293&BELK_ENDECA_SEARCH%3C%3EsortOn=&BELK_ENDECA_SEARCH%3C%3EfilterOn=&BELK_ENDECA_SEARCH%3C%3EselectedDept=4294967293&BELK_ENDECA_SEARCH%3C%3EpagingOffset=0&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474395188353&bmUID=1251172918168

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  05:02:34 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I don't have any of the MJ bedding (yet), but you sound like me about my bed. When it's time to go to sleep, I want a bed that is inviting, comforting and just as luxurious as I can get it. My stuff may not be expensive, but those sheets that are fresh off the line, lightly sprayed with some Lavender Water that Melody sent me really does the trick!!!! I will be checking out our local Belks to see what they have on sale in the MJ line. Thanks for the heads up! Have a wonderful day today!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  05:14:56 AM  Show Profile
I got my set of MJ sheets when MaryJane was in South Carolina at the Belk grand opening. How long ago was that? About two years. Anyway, they are my favorite sheets. They are still holding up well, no fraying or tearing at the seams, have that lovely crispness when they come off the line and they hold that dried outside smell for days after I bring them in. I think this sale is a reson to go get another set. :) I have the blue, so I think I'll get the white this time. Thanks for the heads up, Alee!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  05:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I think the one I have is called Wildflower(don't think it's available any more). It's in my trailer outpost bedroom at the farm. It's so pretty in there with the comforter and bedskirt on an old green painted metal bed. Wish I was there napping right now. ;)

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  10:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am so glad you all understand! I am looking forward to the first really cold winter day when I can cuddle up under my comforter with the window wide open and read my favorite winter books! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  8:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Sounds wonderful Alee!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  9:50:02 PM  Show Profile
I bought a whole new bedroom set at Farm Fair. I wanted to get something for my new house, and I love it. I had gotten a set of the sheets before FF, but got another set there. I also got a bedspread, pillow shams and some throw pillows. I makes me happy.

I haven't forgotten about posting pictures of my house yet Alee, I just wanted to wait till it was all put together. I hope to post some soon.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  11:32:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Julia- I can't wait! What set did you get?`

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  11:03:14 AM  Show Profile
I don't remember the names as I did some mixing and matching. The bedspread is white, kind of eyelet looking fabric. I know, white, but I have no more wee kids at home. The pillow shams are yellow with big flowers on it, 2 of the throw pillows are white, one is chenille, the other 2 pillows are yellow one with a strip of flowers the other has a bit of a plaid. It makes for a very cheery yet cozy bed.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  11:23:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like lots of cozy colors! You'll have to add a pic of your bed all made up when you post pictures of the house!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  9:09:38 PM  Show Profile
Snapped pictures today. Hope to get them up soon. I am not a techie!

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I love my bedroom set! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page