Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 More Antique Finds! Done for now, though...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic More Antique Finds! Done for now, though... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  7:31:15 PM  Show Profile
We saw these little tables the other day but didn't buy them but they stayed on my mind, so I sprung for them.

A small retangular table that is going by hubby's side of the bed to hold the remote controls (for the TV/DirectTV, thank you very much!) and a lamp.

Then I got a little half table that I have on my side of the bed but think I'm going to put it in the hall with a crocheted doily and some sort of flowers or something.

Got yet another 5 shelf tiered thingy that starts out wide at the bottom and tapers to the top. It's not as nice as the first one, nor as sturdy but still very nice. It fits into a corner, like the other one. It will go in the guest bedroom.

THEN I bought an old time lamp that has a big opaque globe on the top and the base part looks like it came out of the 1800's saloon! Big, brass base.

So for now, that's it. Hubby teased me that that's what I said the other day but, really, this is IT for a good, long while. Actually, can't afford any more for the time being so have some refinishing and stuff to do anyway.

It is really fun to find all these 'finds'!

As an aside...one of the antique shop owners said that she can't afford Goodwill either!

Winona

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Across the Fence: Previous Topic More Antique Finds! Done for now, though... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page