Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Mary Jane's meals
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Mary Jane's meals Next Topic  

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  09:45:52 AM  Show Profile
I was busy house cleaning today and didn't want to stop for long to make lunch. I pulled out Mary Janes organic red pesto pasta and the black bean corn bread. Within 10 minutes I had a great organic delicious meal!!
I highly recomend these two yummy products!!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  3:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Melanie! Those are two of my favorites! They are sooo good! I love all of her products that have black beans in them!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  4:34:55 PM  Show Profile
My son's girlfriend just came back from a backpacking trip in Alaska. They ate excusively Maryjane's meals. She said they were very good. Only thing she regretted was that her boss bought bulk and she wished that in bear country the disposable, burnable bags would have been better. Any way one can buy the empty bags? JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  8:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Joann- I don't think you can purchase the disposable pouches. Besides, if you took the bulk up and then put them in the pouches, you would still have a lot of food scent hanging around.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

KD Earthwork
True Blue Farmgirl

210 Posts

Katie
Gualala Calif.
USA
210 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  9:39:15 PM  Show Profile
You know I think we can all help Mary Jane market these wonderful products! Tell friends. I just brought four pkgs. of her "gluten free" Budget Mix to friends I knew had allergies . The chill over powder , a wonderful, vegan, gelatin substitute to our local bakery and other friends.These are such wonderful products that Mary Jane has put so much time into producing and refining till they are really right.We should help make these products a success.
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  05:48:21 AM  Show Profile
i agree Katie...that's why I thought I'd start this post. I think that buying from Mary Jane is better than buying from some great big factory chain.

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  06:20:04 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I think she was thinking about cleanup would be a quicker--well they wouldn't have any cleanup: ) JoAnn P.S. I'll have to google disposable cooking bags.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  08:03:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Even though it isn't disposable- you might want to try the BakeOver Skillet. It is so awesome! Just a squirt of water and maybe a swipe of a cloth gets it clean! If I cook eggs in it, I just put it back over the fire until the egg stuff gets dried and then I wipe it clean with a cloth. It's amazing. WAY better than Teflon (an not poisonous!). It's handle both folds down into the bowl of the skillet but it also can be removed if needed. And it is small enough that you could store it with the food when you put the food up for the evening out of bear reach.

I agree that we should help MaryJane spread the word about her wonderful foods. So many people buy quick-fix food and meals, but it isn't really doing them any good. The preservatives, the sugar, the unknown stuff that is in the food (Can you even pronounce half the ingredients?) is all working against them on so many levels. The shortest way to say it is that it gunks up the body on pretty much every level. (In my opinion). But MaryJane's foods are so different. They are GOOD and not filled with strange unknowable ingredients. I feel GOOD eating them and feeding them to my family.

I have told our local food co-op about them and I am going to start going in every month asking if he is carrying them yet! LOL Maybe I will take him a sample down first! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  8:55:26 PM  Show Profile
I would like to say that as a vegetarian family who is big into camping, complete with our own boy scout, my son would have starved to death over the summer were it not for mary jane meals. I pack them with him and he can make his own meals on his own small propane stove with his mess kit and doesnt have to eat PB&J for every meal. He loves the chilimac and the red bell pepper pasta. And CHILLOVER POWDER! GAWD BLESS YOU MARY JANE! Now I can make all of the jello recipes from my childhood without breaking our vows! The other scouts gather round him and talk about how good they smell. At the last backpacking trip in the mountains everyone else had ramen and beef jerky...my son had a hot delicious mary jane meal and they are light as a feather and easy cleanup. :)

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  8:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is awesome, Sarah! I think it is great that MaryJane has made the meals so that your son doesn't miss out (and actually has the better meal!) When I was little I had severe food allergies and a lot of times I was on the outside looking in when it came to school trips, special treats etc. My mom always made sure I had a substitute but sometimes it didn't feel as cool as what the other kids had. So to have the other kids saying they like his meal better- that is soo awesome for him!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  10:04:20 PM  Show Profile
Hey wait a minute!!! MaryJane's food products can be shipped to Canada? No hassels with customs Melanie???
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  06:20:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Diane
Nope, no problems at all. I have ordered food products a couple of times and had no problems!!

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  09:31:19 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Melanie! I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not! :) I just know I will have to place an order now!! I really would love to try a couple of MaryJane's products myself and I'd really love to look closer now at her pouch meals. I'm thinking these would be great for one of my daughter's who works as a paramedic and alot of the time has to grab something (usually fast food of some kind) and eat on the run. She tries to eat healthy and take food with her, but it more often than not comes home either untouched or half eaten.
Okay, I'm off to shop... :)
Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  7:56:10 PM  Show Profile
hey...glad that I could help you spend your money LOL!!

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Mary Jane's meals Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page