Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Linda (a rose)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Linda (a rose) Next Topic  

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  06:28:49 AM  Show Profile
Linda's poor daughter is going to think I am crazy. Everytime I haven't heard from our Linda in a while, I get on the line and interrogate her daughter.She is so sweet about it though and let's me in on how Linda is.

This is the latest update.

Linda went into the hospital with a blood clot in her groin on July 29th (I believe). She was put on a heparin drip, and things looked like they were progressing - slowly, but surely. She was expecting to be home on the 10th, but she had issues with her bowels and she is still there. It looked like today the issues resolved themselves, and they are hoping she comes home tomorrow.

Her spirits have actually been good, she is just getting a little stir-crazy sitting in a hospital bed.

I know many of you, like myself were asking. Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers!!
hugs

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  06:45:47 AM  Show Profile
Jessie:
Thanks for the information. My prayers are with Linda. God Bless.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  06:50:50 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the update Jessie, I was worried about her. Linda and her family are in my prayers. She surely has been through quite a bit.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  07:09:31 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Jessie!, I've been wondering how she was and worried that depression had got ahold of her again. I'm glad that she is doing better and so hope to hear from her when she is home and feeling up to posting. I've missed her too. Hugs to you Linda!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  08:10:03 AM  Show Profile
Hey Girls! Linda's daughter Kelly posted over in Hello Friends with a bit more details. :D
hugs

Jessie

Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  08:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Hi, Ladies...

I just talked to my mom, and the CT scan yesterday is fine, the liver is fine, but the Doppler done on the clot shows it is still there. So...no going home today. Bummer!!! I will do a paper copy of your notes to her so that she can read them today. Thank you for your concern!

Kelly
When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  08:24:23 AM  Show Profile
Jessie,

Thank you so much for the update. She has been in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  08:45:08 AM  Show Profile
Linda- Keeping you in my prayers!!
I had a blood clot in my lung last year- it is nothing to mess around with. So please remember to take your coumadin exactly like you are instructed to. Keeping getting stronger each day! Hugs to you dear friend!!
xoxo-Lori

Thank GOD I'm a Country Girl!
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  4:43:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Kelly emailed me today also (big thank you Kelly!) and the address I have is correct. I sent out a card this morning and hoping she won't think I'm nuts when she gets it cuz I wasn't even 100% sure I had the right person when I put it in the mail...LOL. What a bunch of sleuths we all are...big smile. Now that I have Kelly's email I'll help you pester her Jessie.....Muuuuuuawwwwwwwwhhhhhh (evil laugh). Hugggzzz for our Linda (a rose).

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  6:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Cheryl...you are welcome! You are more than welcome to join Jessie in pestering me...sometimes I need a nudge or three! I got your e-mail and added your address to my book so it won't be junk mail.

I saw my mom tonight, and she was pleased that all of you are thinking of her. She is a little bored, of course...you can only watch so much tv! On the other thread you asked if there is anything else you can send her. She loves her crafts, as I am sure many of you know, but can't do them anymore. That doesn't stop her from looking at the magazines, though, so if you have an unique or unusual craft magazine or even a flyer or brochure and can forward it on to her, I think she would like it. That is just a suggestion! Don't go out and buy something special...she likes recycles!

Okay, so...if too much time passes, nudge me! I am very nudgeable! :-)

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  8:12:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kelly:
Being bored, in your mom's case, is a good thing, I think. I'm happy to hear that she is doing better.
Please, let her know that I am, and I'm sure most of the other MJF are praying for her.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  11:56:10 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad for the update, thank you gals for staying on top of this.

Hugs Linda, continued prayer here girl!!!!!

Hugs to you as well Kelly, because this is your mama after all.

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  10:29:20 AM  Show Profile
So glad to hear how Linda is doing she has been so much in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  08:03:23 AM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
OK, I am tryng to be good and keep you posted!! Mom is still in the hospital,and getting very down about it. She is wondering why God is not answering her prayers to make her feel better after a year of feeling ill. She is beginning to doubt her faith, and I am at a loss how to approach that!

She had a CT Scan and xrays yesterday, and is waiting for the results, but every other test she has had so far shows no further advances of cancer...we hope that negatives on these two tests might be a green light to go home, but we have been wrong so far!!

I will see her later today, and let her know you are all praying for her...

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  08:12:24 AM  Show Profile
Yes please do let her know that we are praying for her.
It's the hardest to see the Light through all the dark times. God is still with her and watching over her. I am praying she will feel God close besides in a very real way!!
Big hugs to you both!!

Jessie

Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  8:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Hi, ladies!

I saw my mom today, and the ct scan and xrays are normal. They are just taking too long to let her go home, in our opinion, but as my mom says, better to be there if something happens than to be home and have to go back! She is really ready to go home, though. She doesn't like her "quality of life" right now.

Thanks for everything. You all mean the world to my mom, and she appreciates your kind gestures and loving thoughts.

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9403 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9403 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  04:55:05 AM  Show Profile
Kelly,
Give Linda our love. We look forward to hearing from her when she is able, for now prayers for her and the family.
hugs,

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  7:22:00 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I can't tell you how happy I am that all your tests have been so good! I know you are bored. It is boring to be in the hospital, it gets old really fast! But they need to get that darn blood clot out of there. Then when you go home, I honestly think you will start to feel better. It takes time to come back from all you have been through. But the signs are so good. so try and be patient awhile longer, then go home and start feeling better soon. I have been and will continue to pray for you and a full recovery for you soon. You're a fighter Linda you will get through this and come out of it smiling!

Hugs and Prayers Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  06:03:32 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Kelly for all the updates. I am still praying for your mom and as Jessie said I will pray that the Lord will reveal himself to her so she can feel his presance. Blessings to you both, Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  06:17:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hang tough and think positive thoughts Linda! You've got all of us backing you with prayers and loving wishes!
Farm girl huggzzz,
Cheryl

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  2:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Update...Hi, everyone, it is Kelly again! I thought my mom would get on and let you know how she was, but I didn't see an update from her...but, I could have missed it! Anyway, she came home from the hospital last Sunday, I think, and was doing okay, but she went downhill the past few days, emotionally, and the weird pain she has in her stomach was excruciating, so...she is back in the hospital as of yesterday. We are clueless as to how to help her, and she is too weary and heartsick to want to help herself. Please pray for her, not so much to be healed, although we want that!, but for her to want to get better. Thanks!!

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  4:44:07 PM  Show Profile
Kelly~ You know you can count on my family to be praying for her! I sure do miss your Mom! :) She's a dear sweet heart friend!
hugs and prayers for you both!!

Jessie

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  6:55:26 PM  Show Profile
I am saying a prayer for you, Linda. Sometimes the emotional pain can be as bad as, or worse, than the physical pain. As for God, I don't know why He lets us suffer, but I know He is good. I am envisioning the Holy Spirit surrounding you in rays of healing light...let the light embrace you and heal your pain...God wants you to have peace. I know it's hard, but keep the image of healing light in your mind. Imagine it permeating every cell with its healing love. I know this light is real and it's powerful. I wish I could give you this message in person, but since I can't, I send it via Spirit mail.God bless.

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Linda (a rose) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page