Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  1:24:07 PM  Show Profile
I'm kind of excited about supper tonight. We are having my favorite meal. I hope I'll be able to eat it well (because of the surgery). We're having roast beef cooked in the crock pot with carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, bay leaves, and cloves of garlic. It kind of makes it like a stew. We started last night and our house smelt wonderful this morning.

What are you all having?

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'

lulu bell
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Karen
Ashland NE
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  1:28:48 PM  Show Profile
I know that sounds good to me we had that for supper last night,(and leftovers for lunch), yummy!
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  1:32:02 PM  Show Profile
Yum that sounds tasty. I'll probably fix some salmon cakes with a great big spinach salad and some fresh fruit. We eat late tonight, as I teach horseback riding lessons and have horse feeding to do till dark at least....... won't feel much like cooking one bit!

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farm~maid
True Blue Farmgirl

176 Posts

Christine
IN
USA
176 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  1:49:14 PM  Show Profile
A crock pot roast and all the fixings do sound good. It's just been too hot here for those type of meals.
I did make Beef Stroganoff yesterday. A crock pot for us and a crock pot for our oldest DD and her family. It was her birthday and that's always been her special birthday meal.

Tonight, the plan is to have Pizza Burgers and a cucumber salad recipe I tweaked. I have a banana bread baking now. It's a new recipe and seems to be more of a pound cake.

Christine

Edited by - farm~maid on Aug 18 2009 1:50:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  1:54:10 PM  Show Profile
Christine, my mom used to always make me roast beef on my birthdays, it was such a special treat. Those pizza burgers sound good!

Hosanna, those salmon patties sound good too! And the spinach salad, yum. I had a spinach salad last night. The first salad I've tried since my surgery.

Karen, this roast should be leftovers for a day or two. I love this meal because it's so economical!

Farmgirl Sister #25

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  2:34:26 PM  Show Profile
You all are making me hungry!! I loooove roast beef, cooked any way you want to!

Tonight we are having leftover lemon veal cutlets that husband cooked last night, with homemade bread. And zuccini, green beans, garlic and mushrooms sauteed in olive oil. Also, tomato slices with fresh mozzarella and basil.

Brenda

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  3:17:33 PM  Show Profile
We are having Onion/cheese pie and a garden salad with greenbeans with cranberries.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  4:08:59 PM  Show Profile
We had 4 flavors of grilled chicken wings. We had plain, buffalo, spicy honey teriyaki, and maplepepper parmesean. I also made homemade french fries and we had baked bean and celery sticks! Yum!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  4:31:09 PM  Show Profile
We will be enjoying Spaghetti and Meatballs, prepared in our new Slow Cooker.

I am SO pleased with the new addition to my kitchen. It's the most beautiful thing! I bought it on eBay for a fraction of the usual cost for a Kitchen Craft Slo-cooker.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  04:53:43 AM  Show Profile
I love hearing what everyone else is cooking! All these meals sound wonderful! Last night we had BLT's with garden tomatoes, corn on the cob from a neighbor, fried okra from the garden, and salad. No idea what tonight will be...
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Mulkey
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Jennifer
Arkansas City KS
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  06:19:37 AM  Show Profile
Yum, Lainey, that sounds good :) Last night we had hamburgers, grilled out, hubby did the grilling, fresh corn on the cob, and fried onions (have to have them on a burger). Tonight, fried chicken, (homemade of course ;) ), fried okra, (out of the garden), and cucumber and onions, out of the garden.

Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  2:47:31 PM  Show Profile
Tonight I stuffed one of my big zucchini from the garden with a sausage stuffing- it's baking right now!
Joyce- you got me craving spaghetti and meatballs, so tomorrow I'm going to go pick Roma tomatoes from my neighbors garden, and make homemade sauce with spaghetti and maybe meatballs! Yummmmy!

Of course, Toni- BLT's sound good, so I'll have to have those this week too. And, Jennifer, I realized we haven't had burgers on the grill for a while....Teresa the onion cheese pie sounds delicious, and well everyone's dinners sound so good!!!!
Is there a cookbook or place for recipes here on the forum?

Brenda

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  4:04:15 PM  Show Profile
I'm hoping to have either halibut or ling cod my son caught in Alaska. He sent it Fed-EX overnight from Mn and it's suppose to arrive by 4:30--they have 27 min. to go. How badly thawed the whole kaboodle is will be interesting (he sent 10 lbs.) JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  6:52:14 PM  Show Profile
Did that fish get there yet? That sounds too good. We had salmom patties, corn on the cob, cabbage and leftover squash casserole.

Oops, forgot the fresh from the garden ripe maters!

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Aug 19 2009 6:53:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  8:28:58 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, if you would like the onion cheese pie recipe, just let me know and I will post it.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  06:41:17 AM  Show Profile
Last night we had barbecued chicken and party hashbrowns with blueberry cobbler for dessert. Tonight, chicken pot pie.

Edited by - GrammyGoose on Aug 20 2009 06:45:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  07:04:44 AM  Show Profile
That roast/stew was good. I had leftovers last night and probably will have it again tonight. And the roast was over $4.00 off when I bought it the other day! I like saving money and having meals that I can have more than one night.

Everyone's suppers is sounding so good. I'm hungry right now!

Farmgirl Sister #25

Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  07:05:41 AM  Show Profile
The fish finally arrived about 1/2 hour before they stop delivering for the day! I actually had called Fed-ex when it hadn't come by 4:30 like it said on the computer and when I checked after that it didn't even have a time of delivery on it. They were very nice and even called me back to see if I had gotten it. The ice packs were still frozen. The fish was very very good. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  07:23:30 AM  Show Profile
Hey sue looks like we are alike, last night we had bbq chicken and tonight Im making a pot pie! Yum yum!

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  07:32:16 AM  Show Profile
All of you girls making Pot Roast prompted our dinner tonight :) It will be nice for my honey. The Fuel Pump went out on his way to work and thankfully he can get it fixed in about 2 hours. He needs his truck for his business. He will enjoy coming home to Pot Roast especially today :)

JoAnn, How did you prepare your Halibut? One of my honey's clients gave him some that he caught in Alaska. :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What's For Supper? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page