westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  12:27:57 PM  Show Profile
Thats the name Im giving my farm. My husband & I were talking over coffee about how long I've been waiting (all my life) for my farm. I have had it pictured forever, or so I thought. I had dreams of 100 acres, herds of horses, cows, sheep & goats plus a huge garden. I was going to make a living at it just the way I wanted.
Life took it's many twists & turns and apparently I didnt push enough at the time, other things took priority. Now , however things are turning out just the way they are supposed too. While we were talking I told him that now my "little" farm will be great because I'll be doing it for pleasure(retirement) and not stressing about how to make our livelihood so to speak. He then said "hon, you just named your farm, Pleasure Farm". We both smiled, hugged and agreed it felt good after so many hard years of financial struggles & other things that it wasnt meant to be then but it is NOW. Pleasure Farm will be just that. I'll spin, dye my wool, weave, hook rugs, make my breads and have a few sheep for my wool, a few chicks for my eggs, a horse in the barn and my organic garden. If I make a little cash in the process, great. More important to me then the cash is having a place that maybe a 4H club can come & try spinning, gardening without pesticides petting a baby lamb, whatever it may be as long as it's a pleasure.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  12:42:23 PM  Show Profile
Sounds great Michele, good luck to you and be sure to share pics with us! Well worth the wait, you'll enjoy it more!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  12:47:43 PM  Show Profile
I love the name~~ Your place sounds wonderful~~
Much happiness to you..
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  12:52:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh Michele - I love Pleasure Farm. Your description of what it will be like for you is like paradise. Enjoy!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Mag
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

Margaret
Mount Vernon OH
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  3:44:33 PM  Show Profile
The name "Pleasure Farm" sounds perfect. Congratulations on a dream come true!
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  4:39:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls, we havent purchased it yet but we are looking and thats fun.

Go to Top of Page

Mag
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

Margaret
Mount Vernon OH
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  2:25:12 PM  Show Profile
Well, then happy farm hunting. Do you have an idea how much land you would like? We have 3.5 acres here and I thought that would be big enough but now that we are here my dreams have grown bigger! I think we could have a couple of sheep and we already have chickens. I have always dreamt of owning a horse but I don't think this place is big enough. I am still happy to be out of the city and in the fresh country air!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  4:15:39 PM  Show Profile
I think getting the "vision" is a wonderfully big step toward getting the farm! What fun to look and see what matches your dream...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  7:34:56 PM  Show Profile
yes Libbie your right, the vision is alot of fun. love looking. We want 3 acres, Ill take 2 but 3 will be nice. Not getting any younger(54)

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2006 :  04:56:12 AM  Show Profile
I hope the hunting and the owning will be a true pleasure! Congrats on moving forward with your dream.

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  12:58:41 PM  Show Profile
Michele,

Pleasure Farm sounds just delightful! What a vision you've got and you're right...it's never too late to start. Plus, I think the happiest people are those that do things because they love to and not because it makes them rich. Although, I'm sure the cash will flow for you.....too many great ideas!

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  7:26:46 PM  Show Profile
All the best with finding Pleasure farm, am sure it is there waiting for you. :)
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  7:30:02 PM  Show Profile
michele .. sweet sweet name for your farm! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  10:24:49 PM  Show Profile
Michele...perfect name..sounds like the perfect place too. I can't wait to hear all about it when you find it. I know you will!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  04:15:32 AM  Show Profile
They call them hobby farms in our area, and you can have a hundred acres and still be a hobby farm; it just depends. I love the name Pleasure Farm; it says a lot about your perspective on life. Who wouldn't love to have some fresh Pleasure Farm eggs, or some nice Pleasure Farm hooked rugs?

I'd sure like it if you were my neighbor. When you're looking for your ideal piece of ground, don't forget to consider Illinois.

"What another would do as well as you, do not do it. What another would have said as well as you, do not say it; written as well, do not write it. Be faithful to that which exists nowhere but in yourself, and there, make yourself indispensable." ---Andre Gide
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  08:15:27 AM  Show Profile
I love all of you so much! The support here is like no other! Thank you Maryjane!!

Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic PLEASURE FARMS Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page