Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Engergy ; how do yall do it all?? pinkroses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Engergy ; how do yall do it all?? pinkroses Next Topic  

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  4:07:58 PM  Show Profile
I really admire you all and all you do.
I just don't know how or where you all find the engery to do it all.
I did my excerises , one load of laundry
fixed supper , and did the dishes that is all
and I am pooped.
how do you all do it???? hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativewritings.blogspot.com

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  4:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Yea, I dont think we are meant to do it all~ just all that we need to do.
I am a list writer. I keep a running list all the time, love when I get to cross things off the list, makes me think I aint going in circles.LOL

Rene'Groom
the artist formerly known as Prince. I mean PROSSERFARMGIRL (that will only be funny to some).
Sister #185

www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.RuralandRaw.blogspot.com
www.RuralFarmGirl.blogspot.com
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1704 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1704 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  4:53:30 PM  Show Profile
Sheila, I don't know how I do everything I do. I know that I have to do and do it and enjoy doing everthing. I guess it started when I became a surgical nurse. Up on your feet for hours and sometimes running around. I just have alot of adrenalin I guess.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  5:19:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sheila....if I remember from other posts you have some health problems. Don't compare or feel guilty....each of us have our own path to follow and although it's VERY difficult, we have to concentrate on our path not everything everybody else does!! Some days I get so much done I feel like I've worked 3 days in one, then other days I do far less than you did and I feel like I've worked for 2 weeks!!! It's ok.....just be proud of what you can do!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  5:31:55 PM  Show Profile
I don't think about what all that has to be done everyday, its a habit, I just do it, and not everything gets done as fast as I want it to or when I want it to, but it does get done. Start slow, build yourself up, get good sleep and eat right, laugh, it will do wonders, especially when you laugh at your self. Ask for help when you need to, we all do, and help others when they need it. All will work out in good time, " What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger".

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  05:29:25 AM  Show Profile
I just do what needs to be done - yesterday I planted some fall veggies, mowed the front part of the yard, raked hay for hubby, loaded square bales on a trailer and moved round bales to their storage area. Sounds like a lot, but in reality, it's nothing compared to what was still left undone. I don't know about the rest of you, but on Paradise, we do what we can and don't sweat the rest. My house is a wreck right now, but when the hay is ready, you have no choice but to drop everything to get it in. Otherwise, either the animals starve over the winter, or we have to shell out big bucks for hay. Our choice is to let the other stuff go and make hay!!!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  05:50:01 AM  Show Profile
I totally agree with Misty and everyone else, too. But she had some great advice for you, Sheila. I also do it because it needs to be done and if I don't do it who will? I am glad I am able to do all I do. Some days I can barely get into bed and then it's hard to get back out again the next morning because I'm so sore from the day before! But that's life. And each one of us has such different lives and different tasks to do. You have many things that I don't do all the time. I don't have to cook dinner every night and have a hubby around 24/7 and little kids under foot constantly. So my life is different. I do have a weekend hubby and grands all over but not at all times. So I am pretty free to just do my thing most of the time. It's all these 4-legged kids that keep me busy. And I am thankful for them, too. Or I would be the biggest couch potato there ever was!

So Shela, you just do what you can do and be grateful that you can do that, girl. You do plenty so don't you worry about everyone else.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  07:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
The guy on the exercise video I workout to twice a week has a motto: "Listen to that body". Doing is good. But overdoing can be worse. It sounds like you did a lot to me. Taking care of yourself is the most important thing.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  10:44:21 AM  Show Profile
I spoke too soon about only having a weekend hubby. He's here now til Friday, maybe the weekend, too. He was delivering a load in Chatt. and they told him to go on home. He'd been out a few weeks with no home time. So here we go! I have a list of things for him to do! He's not off the hook. We'll be getting a few things done that need doing while he's home, I hope.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  4:13:28 PM  Show Profile
You know,
when I was younger like in my 20's when I was first married
I did do quite a bit.
I guess I just feel sorta down that I can't do what I once did
I count my blessings I can do what I can.
Thank you all for the replies and much needed advice.
You all have been so kind and helpful thank you. hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativewritings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  09:54:29 AM  Show Profile
I don't do it all. I do what needs doing and then anything else is a bonus. As a kid, I had to keep house for 8 people and although I had my own chores, I would get in trouble if one of the other kids didn't do theirs because I am the oldest. That house had to be spotless and I also did the laudry, cooking, and ironing or else got the crap beat out of me. My mother was horrified when I got married and moved out. After I had my first kiddo, I did not keep a spotless house. It was clean, but I figured it was more important to be with my children than to keep my house so clean you could eat off the floors. Then, I joined the Army and had to depend on the kiddoes and hubby to do it for me and although it wasn't my way, it worked. Now it's just DH and me and we're still not spotless, but we do what we need to do. And we're happy. Due to a condition I have, too much gardening, bending or lifting and I can barely move, which really ticks me off as I can't seem to get my garden weeded. But we're putting up guttering and then I'm laying mulch, so that will help a lot.

Just don't beat yourself up if you can't "do it all". I remember as a teenager being told how women could "have it all". Guess what? Not really. Something or someone will suffer. Just do what you can and feel a sense of accomplishment.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Engergy ; how do yall do it all?? pinkroses Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page