farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  04:39:25 AM  Show Profile
...and I urge any Farmgirl out here who hasn't been certified, to seriously concider taking a certification class. yesterday, while swimming at the lake, a man drowned, and we have no idea what happened, how long he had been under, etc....all we know is that out of the nearly 20 family members and friends that were there with this gentleman, not ONE knew how to give CPR. As I took off running to his aid, it hit me that I couldn't even remember the first step, the guidlines...anything! So I shouted for my husband to go help....the gentleman had no pulse, was not breathing, and Sterling had to work for some time to pry his mouth open before he could even begin CPR. Long story short...CPR does save lives! Not until after Sterling revived the gentleman, did we find out (from a medic) that CPR certification guidelines have changed. Sterling and I both are now going to take another CPR certification course, since it's been easily 16 years or more since we've had one....Because you just never know when you are going to need to use it! I am also going to urge all of my friends to be certified, or re-certified because I just keep thinking..what if that had been one of us at the lake with a group of friends and family that large, but not one of them knew CPR? It is a very scary idea to know that out of 4 dozen people on that beach, only 1 knew CPR.

I just wanted to remind all of you Farmgirls that CPR works, and getting certified (if you are not) should definately be on our list of things to do!! (Soon) Because you just never know when you may have to use it! We haven't heard anything about the gentleman, but are praying that he will make a speedy recovery......and hopefully get his CPR certification in the near future!

http://cockadoodledewberries.blogspot.com

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  05:31:02 AM  Show Profile
What a miracle Kelly!! I'm going to talk to my husband this morning, it's been 15 years since we had training and a refresher course would be great. Sometimes we think it's like riding a bike but no need to take that chance during an emergency. What a great tip and so glad you two could help the man.

Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  05:54:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kelly- I am so glad you and your husband were there! I know my certification has lapsed. I will talk with my dad about taking one of his classes to get re-certified. Thanks for the excellet reminder!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  10:39:47 AM  Show Profile
I TOTALLY understand that most of us will never even be presented with a situation like this in our lifetime.....but we should be prepared...just in case we are! I fully believe that CPR is the difference between life and death in a situation like this one!

http://cockadoodledewberries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  10:54:04 AM  Show Profile
Kelly:
I agree totally. CPR can and does save lives.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic CPR Saves Lives........ Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page