Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 I made up a fruit cobbler recipe for fresh fruits
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic I made up a fruit cobbler recipe for fresh fruits Next Topic  

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  07:28:06 AM  Show Profile
I took from a bunch of recipes I found online and made up this super-easy from-scratch recipe. I made it with paches the first time , and I'm going to do cherries and blueberries today. I also made it dairy free the first time because I keep kosher. It turned out great the first time. Hopefully it'll turn out great again today (I'll keep you posted)

Fresh fruit cobbler

1 stick butter or margarine
4 c fruit, peeled, pitted, cored, sliced and/or chopped as appropriate (berries, cherries, stone fruits, and apples all work nicely.)
1 c flour
1 c sugar
1 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
½ t salt
¾ c milk or soymilk

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in saucepan. Pour into 8 X 8 baking dish. Put fruit in dish on top of melted butter. Combine dry ingredients in bowl and stir to combine. Add milk and stir to combine again. Pour batter on top of fruit and butter in pan. Bake for about 1 hour or until nicely browned around edges.

Edited by - ivmeer on Aug 12 2009 09:02:18 AM

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  07:54:16 AM  Show Profile
That sounds great, Amanda! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  08:56:41 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ivmeer

I took from a bunch of recipes I found online and made up this super-easy from-scratch recipe. I made it with paches the first time , and I'm going to do cherries and blueberries today. I also made it dairy free the first time because I keep kosher. It turned out great the first time. Hopefully it'll turn out great again today (I'll keep you posted)

Fresh fruit cobbler

1 stick butter or margarine
4 c fruit, peeled, pitted, cored, sliced and/or chopped as appropriate (berries, cherries, stone fruits, and apples all work nicely.)
1 c flour
1 c sugar
1 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
½ t salt
¾ c milk or soymilk

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in saucepan. Pour into 8 X 8 baking dish. Put fruit in dish on top of melted butter. Combine dry ingredients in bowl and stir to combine. Add milk and stir to combine again. Pour batter on top of fruit and butter in pan. Bake for about 1 hour or until nicely browned around edges.

Go to Top of Page

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  09:01:04 AM  Show Profile
I changed the cook time to 1 hour.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic I made up a fruit cobbler recipe for fresh fruits Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page