Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 A Farm Auction in Kentucky!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic A Farm Auction in Kentucky!! Next Topic  

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  5:34:18 PM  Show Profile
On Saturday August 22nd there will be an auction at 209 Payne Rd in Park City KY. Auction starts at 10am CDT.
Directions: from Glasgow take 68/80 toward Bowling Green 9.8 miles, from Bowling Green take 68/80 13.1 miles just across Barren Co line, Auction signs posted on 68/80 to direct you to final 1/2 mile.
Up for auction are:

Tract 1: 1.26 Acres with 140' frontage. Nice level lot with Huge Yard and good garden spot. Improved by an all electric 2000 16' x 80' 3 bdrm 2BA mobile home with front and rear porches, CH&A, all appliances stay (this is a nice, well kept, roomy home). Also a 1998 16' x 60' 2bdrm 1BA all electric mobile home, CH&A, front deck, own septic system. Also a 32' x 40' metal cattle barn(wired, water, penned off), and two 18' x 20' carports combined for a stock barn(electric & water).

Tract 2: 1.26 Acres with 140' frontage. Lays nearly level and is fenced and in good grass. Improved by a nearly new 32' x 40' metal cattle barn that is penned off(electric & water).

Tract 3: 11.86 Acres with 804' frontage. Lays level to very gently rolling and is in good grass and under fence, pond, small wooded area for shade.

Storage Buildings: 8'x12', 8'x 10', 12'x 18'.

Tractor & Equipment: King Kutter 6' 3pt disc, Howse 5' 3pt bush hog, Agri-cutter 6' 3pt bush hog, 3pt pond scoop, potato plow, 4'x 8' utility trailer w/ramp gate, 16' x 6' goose neck livestock trailer, 1955 Ford 601 Workmaster Tractor, Ford 3000 diesel tractor w/loader (4584 hrs, good tires), Head gate, hay rings, IH 7' grader blade, boom pole, hay spike, lawn roller, antique, horse drawn drag setter, ground drive manure spreader, 6 roll hay trailer, rubber maid water troughs(50gal & 100gal), feed troughs, creep feeder, gates, and MORE!

Truck: 1998 Mazda 2500 Ext. cab with 129,000 miles, 5 speed & AC.

Tools: craftsman router and table, craftsman 6" disc/belt sander, shop vac, 70 gal dust collector(NEW, NEVER PUT TOGETHER YET) delta scroll saw, craftsman radial arm saw, 12" lumber wheel barrow, ext. ladder, lawn seeder, lawn de-thatcher, rolling stool, lawn aerator, hose reel, (4) 15" tires, push seeder, electric blower, T-posts, garden sprayer, lawn tractor, tool carrier, electric fence supplies, 15 gal spot sprayer, shelving.

Personal Property: Swing, gas grill, several lawn chairs, computer desk, night stands, Christmas decor, Regina power scrubber, card table, picnic table, refrigerator, upright freezer, Fedder window A/C, kerosene heater, tomato cages, dehumidifier, many box lots.

Everything is being sold "under the hammer" at absolute auction to the highest bidder through Bryant Realty & Auction Co.

This is my parent's home and belongings. I am leaving Thursday (in 2 days) to fly there and help them finish packing. Once they sell out, I'm loading the rest of their stuff and driving the moving truck back to Idaho where they will be moving into my MIL's house that my DH sold them. If anyone needs a great little FARM in KY this would be the auction to attend. Also, I would love to meet you at the auction. Most likely I'll be in my cowboy hat, very hard to miss me!!
I hope any area farmgirls will come on by and say "howdy".

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  9:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Cindy! That is quite a change! I am sure it will be emotional for everyone. I hope it all goes well! On the drive back, are you going to be driving through Montana or lower Wyoming?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  9:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay, so I just mapquested it. It looks like you will be going through Montana if you follow the mapquest route. Would you like to let me know when you are coming through Montana? Maybe we could meet up since where I live is right on the I-State.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  10:08:46 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I've got to look at the atlas again, but I think I was originally figuring it would be better to come across the middle of the states and hit Idaho from the bottom. I'll let you know if I come by your way though.

Cindy

Edited by - Mother Hen on Aug 11 2009 10:11:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  06:52:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay :D
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Park+City+&1s=KY&2c=Peck&2s=ID

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  07:49:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness! I hope Miss Wilma is up to it, she's right near Glasgow and that vicinity. I can't come because we are heading to a wedding, but it sure sounds like it's right up my alley...and Miss Bee Haven's, if she's still not in her "anti collector mode" after the flood :)

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  10:35:04 PM  Show Profile
Well, guess I'm about as packed as I'm going to get. Heading out in the morning after chores. Sure hope Tammy in Scottsville is able to come by since we will be so close. If anyone comes to the auction I'll probably be in either a cowboy hat or a pink farmgirl brand hat. Please come up and introduce yourself, it'd be GREAT to meet you!
I'll be back in a couple weeks and let ya'll know how it went.
Cindy

[font1]FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1[font1]
Go to Top of Page

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  09:03:13 AM  Show Profile
That's not far from me at all Cindy! The 22nd is my b-day but I may just come up there! You won't be far from Miss Wilma either!

http://afarmgirljourney.blogspot.com/
Farmgirl Sister #492

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. -Carl Bard
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  09:00:18 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, Hope you have time and feel like an "auction" on your birthday! It would be great to see you. If you can't make it and want to try to get together before I leave, email me your phone number.

Miss Wilma, sure hope you can make it, dad has some antiques he is selling at the auction, he even has a really nice wagon seat with leather and turned spindles! (so much for the inheritance )

Cindy

[font1]FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1[font1]
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  6:25:23 PM  Show Profile
Cindy I just got back from Vacation and got your message I wouldn't have been able to help you with the bedroom set.. Thanks for calling though.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  07:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Wish I could have made it, Cindy. Hope it went well. I'm still dealing with the flood waters from two weeks ago.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  07:17:38 AM  Show Profile
I'm helping to sort out stuff for this auction and there are brand new items in the box from my grandmother's house we are bringing over for the auction as well as some antiques. There is a BRAND NEW Brother sewing machine we just put into the carrying case, I unwrapped the carrying case to put the machine in it.
If you are looking for sheets for beds or just to use as material, they'll be at the auction too. There is TONS OF STUFF, everything household, yard, garden, farming, you just really have to come and see.
The auctioneer will bring a consession trailer or you could pack your own lunch. The view is farm land and a few of the neighbors have cattle in the fields around here. What more could you want than a beautiful day in the country with great weather(will be sunny with no rain) and bargains to be had by all!!
I'll be looking forward to meeting you, and I did bring my cowboy hat so everyone can find me. See you THIS Saturday.

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  07:22:16 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, I am hoping to see you! ((on the chance you don't make it, Happy Birthday))

Janice, I'm sorry to hear about your flood, that's no fun. We've got towels being sold if you need more. Hope your clean up goes well.

Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  07:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Okay, I thought it was last Saturday! OOPS! I'm so tired and confused. A FEMA guy is coming today to assess our damage. Is Wilma coming? It sounds like the break I need about now.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  07:38:03 AM  Show Profile
Janice, I haven't seen Miss Wilma post anything on this thread so I don't know. I was hoping she would. If my time wasn't all taken up with getting ready for the auction then the move(moving my parents and grandmother out to Idaho with me) I would love to go see Miss Wilma's place. Alas, not enough time!

Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  3:15:38 PM  Show Profile
Just a reminder the auction is in the morning. We have had lots of people stopping by all week to look stuff over for the auction. I just don't know why they come by at supper time. Oh well, it will all be over tomorrow! Then the packing commences and Monday we get the moving truck and start loading.

Cindy

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  3:36:11 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, I wish ya'll good luck at the auction and ya'll get top dollar for everything. How long have your parents lived there? I hope ya'll have a great day. I wish I could come and meet you, too. Maybe some day.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  09:13:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi All, the auction didn't go as well as we had hoped. But we loaded everything else up and hit the road. I'll make a new topic to give our update.

Cindy

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A Farm Auction in Kentucky!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page