kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  6:09:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh it has been a ROUGH week. I pinched my S2 nerve which apparently runs through my groin and down my left leg. I couldn't walk for several days and now I can walk but I am in pain and I feel as stiff as a board.
They told me this could be the way it is till my baby is born....which is 13 weeks away. I cried...literally.
All I want to do is raise my kids, keep my house finish my poor garden and be a good wife and mommy and yet for an entire week....I've sat on my couch.
I have been to a chiropractor every day and he has helped out a good bit. The physical therapist told me she wouldn't do anything because I am pregnant. The neurologist says they are willing to do some accupuncture but the soonest appt. they have is the 22nd! AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!
Does anybody have any suggestions of anything that can help?
If not, will you at least say a prayer for me....this has been a real discouragement to me.

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  6:18:13 PM  Show Profile
I'll say a prayer for you. So after your baby is born everything will go back to normal?? If that is the case I would try to tickle the little bundel you are carrying and try to get him or her to move.
How did you pinch it???

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  6:26:48 PM  Show Profile
See that is the weird part. I sat down on the porch rocker and went to cross my legs and I couldn't lift my leg. Then I was in excruciating pain!! I have no idea how it happened!! The doctor told me it was just one of those things and she has had people do the same thing by sneezing or picking up a leaf. Its just something in the body adjusts and then the nerve is pinched.
Actually, they said the baby is not the issue at all. I'm just now 27 1/2 weeks so she is nice and high and still moves all over.
Unfortunately after the baby it won't magically be better...I think they will be able to do more treatment to get things right once she is born. Because of my baby they can't do any CT scans or X-Rays ect to see exactly what is going on so they don't know exactly what to treat.
Oh well....my little gal will be worth the wait but it still is painful and annoying in the meantime!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  8:10:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Misty- Not sure if this will help or not, but can you lay on your back and rotate you leg in a full circle? My nerve gets pinched all the time and that helps release mine. Also take a nice hot bath! Sometimes that helps ease the inflamation that a pinched nerve can set off! *Hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  10:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
My prays are with you Misty!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  11:41:00 AM  Show Profile
I am praying for you Misty. I know what it can be like when you are expecting and can't do a whole lot especially with pain on top of it. I am so sorry you have to go through this. Its one more added thing that an expectant mommy doesn't need piled on her plate!
sending big hugs and lots of prayers your way!

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  11:56:22 AM  Show Profile
I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way, Misty. I am so sorry your last few weeks of pregnacy are so hard. I bet that does hurt. I'd do what Alee said. A hot bath cures just about anything.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  3:43:03 PM  Show Profile
Misty: some advice from an experienced citizen (senior, ho, ho) try ice for the pain. I broke my leg last year and I have really bad arthritis too, but ice it for about 20 min. two times a day will really help. That advice was from my doctor, physical therapist and friends.
I'll say prayers for your comfort too. God bless.

Bonnie Ellis farmgirl 298

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

HeatherAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Rancho Cucamonga CA
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  10:23:02 AM  Show Profile
Misty,
Oh I feel your pain. I had some pretty awesome sharp pains running up and down my leg the last month of my last pregnancy (my little Jack is 7 weeks this week!) and I totally felt like failure and a louse just sitting around, but it hurt so much to do things. Then I got really pissed that I couldn't do anything, which sent me tailspinning into a pretty good bought of self pity and depression. And I was banking on it all being better after I had the baby, but then I had a c-section. So, for two weeks, I was completely useless and had to have people around to take care of my one year old because I wasn't even allowed to pick her up.

Ugh. It was hell. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I could have done the pain ok, the dissapointment ok, but not being able to care for my family was so heartwrenching and infuriating. I just felt like my body was such a curse.

But, we're over all that. I'm back in the kitchen making things from scratch, the kids are happy, the husband is happy, the house is clean to my specifications. Yesterday I even had time to make a really cute little shirt from scratch.

It's a season you are in. Child birth and pregnancies are the biggest things a womans body goes through. It's really hard on some of us. Just 100 years ago, many of us would have died giving birth. I hate to say it, cause I hated to hear it, but resting is important. Don't feel guilty, keep telling yourself that being easy on your body now will help you recover after the birth that much faster. You can do it. I believe in you!

Love, Heather Ann

"You got to look at all the good on one side and all the bad on the other and say 'Well, alright then.'" - Aunt Eller, Oklahoma

www.plumblossomknits.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  1:00:52 PM  Show Profile
Try hot/cold, inother words, put ice on for 15 - 20 minutes, then heat, take a dish towel and wet, wring out excess and microwave for a minute or so, until hot, or as hot as you can stand, 15-20 minutes, you will need 2 towels so you can rotate and keep hot, also have someone else do the heating and ice bags for you so you can lay down and relax and give everything a chance to go back in place. Also no long hot baths for you, not safe during pregnacy.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  1:08:15 PM  Show Profile
Misty, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know it is frustrating, wanting to do things and not really feeling like it. I have a few herniated discs that act up from time to time too. I hope you get some relief soon.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  8:53:08 PM  Show Profile
Misty:
I will be praying for you. Just hang in there, and rest, so when the baby arrives you'll be doing much better. Take care.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  12:36:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Misty I'm so sorry you're so very uncomfortable right now. I know in a few months it will all seem worth it and many of the girls have given great recommendations. Do you knit, crochet or embroider so you can do those things and maybe help you feel productive during this laid up time? It sounds like what you're having is compression of the piriformis muscle over the sciatic nerve? Next time you see your chiropractor ask if placing a tennis ball against a wall and then standing so the ball is between you and the wall over the most tender area on your buttocks and pressing the ball into that sore muscle area will help? My chiropractor had me do this 4 times a day when this happened to me and it acts like accupressure and causes the muscle to relax and stop pressing on the sciatic nerve causing pain. I will warn you if he agrees you can do this exercise the first few times you do it will make you want to cry it hurts so much but it completely gave me relief within a wk. and I was back to my normal self. It's non invasive and shouldn't hurt the baby.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  04:42:12 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for all the well wishes and advise. I have been trying many of the suggestions and have found that they do help quite a bit!! I'm trying to not stress out so badly about the things that aren't getting done and be thankful for the things I have been able to get accomplished!! I'll be so glad once this baby is here and no longer "in there" and I can feel a little more normal!!
The chiropractor and deep muscle massage therapy they've done has helped quite a bit. Mostly now I feel very stiff and my hips crack and adjust randomly which can be very painful!! Unfortunately they've told me this will probably last the duration of my pregnancy since every day our tidbit grows and gains weight. Ah well, par for the course!
You know...if this would have happened during my first pregnancy I wouldn't have batted an eye....but really.....why my fourth????!!!
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  8:23:08 PM  Show Profile
oh Misty, I am feeling so bad for you....praying for you and your family...hope you have a good support system....you need help.Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  05:58:07 AM  Show Profile
Misty , while trying the hot baths add some epson salt in the water that might help also. I will me praying for you. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic OUCH!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page