Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Support
 Technical Support
 Hucksters, Hoaxes and Scams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Technical Support: Previous Topic Hucksters, Hoaxes and Scams Next Topic  

HiDez Gal
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Roberta
Joshua Tree, CA
USA
122 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2004 :  5:49:41 PM  Show Profile
Haven't been able to get here in quite a while. Today i received a hoax message generated from this board. I think the sender of this message should be removed from the board because i am certain this is a hoax and/or a scam.

Subject: Sent From MaryJanesFarm Farmgirl Connection by muyiwatg

Hello HiDez Gal

You received the following message from: muyiwatg (muyiwatg@yahoo.com)

At: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/

Private E-mail:atinuke23_project@mail.com
GREETINGS TO YOU.MY REQUEST MY SOUND UNCONVENTIONAL, BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT I NEED AN FOREIGN FRIEND,BUSINESS PARTNER,AND A CLOSE CONFIDANT. I THOUGHT OF HOW TO MEET SOMEBODY.THE WEB WHERE I COULD MEET FELLOW VEGAN AND VEGETARIAN READILY COMES TO MY MIND .I FOUND YOU.
THIS MIGHT NOT BE THE RIGHT AVENUE BUT YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND MY PLIGHT.IF MY CASE MAKES ANY MEANING TO YOU,PLEASE REPLY.IF IT DOESNT,RESPOND TO ENABLE ME LOOK FOR ANOTHER PERSON.
PLEASE RESPOND TO MY PRIVATE EMAIL BOX ABOVE.
THIS IS MY STORY/PROPOSAL
I AM MR.TONY MUYIWA IGE(SEMI VEGETARIAN),THE ONLY SURVIVING SON OF LATE CHIEF BOLA IGE FORMER ATTORNEY GANERAL AND MINISTER OF JUSTICE OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, WHO WAS ASSASSINATED BY UNKNOWN GUN MEN ON SUNDAY DECEMBER 2001.MY MOTHER,JUSTICE(MRS)ATINUKE IGE DIED ALSO IN THE MONTH OF APRIL 2003.I AM NOW LEFT TO FACE THE SOCIETY ALONE AND ATTEMPT TO UNCOVER THE KILLERS OF MY FATHER.
SHORTLY BEFORE MY MOTHER'S DEATH,I HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY MY FAMILY FRIEND WHO IS A BANK MANAGER IN ONE OF THE BANKS IN NIGERIA THAT MY LATE FATHER OPERATED A SECRET ACCOUNT WITH THEIR BANK INTO WHICH A TOTAL SUM OF SEVENTEEN MILLION,FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS($17,5000.000) WAS TRANSFERRED AND CREDITED IN HIS FAVOUR. NOW THE BANK MANAGER ADVISED ME TO SEEK IN CONFIDENCE, A FOREIGN ACCOUNT INTO WHICH THIS FUND WILL BE TRANSFERRED AND CREDITED INTO. I DECIDED TO CONSULT YOU.I AM SEEKING YOUR ASSISTANCE FOR THE TRANSFER OF THE FUND TO YOUR COMPANY/PERSONAL ACCOUNT BECAUSE SINCE THE DEATH OF MY FATHER,MY LATE FATHER'S ESTATE IS CURRENTLY BEEN CONTESTED BY EXTENDED RELATIVES.NOW THAT MY MOTHER IS GONE,IT IS APPERENT THAT I GET THIS FUND MOVED ABROAD.THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN ENSURE MY LIVELYHOOD.I AND MY SISTER HAVE AGREED THAT 20% OF THE SUM WILL GO TO YOU FOR SECURING AND TAKING CUSTODY OF THE MONEY ON MY BEHALF. 20% IS FOR ANY MISCELLANEOUS EXPENSES INCLUDING TAXES,WHILE 60% WILL COME TO ME AND MY SISTER.A GOOD PART OF THIS FUND WILL BE USED TO
BUY VIABLE COMPANY SHARES IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES TO SECURE OUR FUTURE.
PLEASE IF THIS REQUEST IS ACCEPTABLE TO YOU,DO SEND TO ME
IMMEDIATELY THROUGH MY EMAIL THE FOLLOWING:-
1. YOUR FULL NAME AND ADDRESS.
2. YOUR FAX AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS FOR EASY COMMUNICATION.
NOTE THAT I HAVE BEEN ASSURED THAT THE TRANSACTION WILL BE CONDUCTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS UPON RECEIVING FROM YOU THE ABOVE LISTED INFORMATION.MAY I ALSO AT THIS POINT EMPHASIZE THE HIGH LEVEL OF CONFIDENTIALITY WHICH THIS BUSINESS DEMANDS AND HOPE YOU WILL NOT
BETRAY THE TRUST AND CONFIDENCE WHICH I REPOSE IN YOU.HOWEVER,YOU MAY NEED TO GIVE ME SUFFICIENT ASSURANCE THAT YOU WILL NOT SIT ON THIS FUND WHEN IT IS FINALLY REMITTED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
AWAITING YOUR URGENT RESPONSE
YOURS TRULY
MR.TONY IGE

From my favorite coffee cup:
"A gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do." Minnie Cody, 1901

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2004 :  5:56:42 PM  Show Profile
Several of us have received the same email,I agree is there anything we can do?
Alicia

Follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2004 :  9:29:28 PM  Show Profile
that is the exact same one I got too!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2004 :  7:42:04 PM  Show Profile
Haven't received that email, but as I said in another post - if you are unsure of any email you are getting, don't open it. For one thing is can carry a computer virus if you open it, for another you are setting yourself up to get more such emails. Be sure of who is sendng you messages, if you're not sure, just delete it without opening it. Any legit sender will contact you again or over another means of communication.

Cecelia

ce's farm

"Curiosity is one of the forms of feminine bravery" Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

HiDez Gal
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Roberta
Joshua Tree, CA
USA
122 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2004 :  9:01:51 PM  Show Profile
Any email message that is sent by someone who is not in my "white list" via my ISP is listed as spam and is kept on a web page where i can view it if i choose to do so. I am not worried about "catching" something or that my reading the message might generate more of these type of messages since it is not actually coming into my computer.

I am annoyed that someone like this is able to take advantage of the people on this forum on pretense by becoming a member. I have been on a number of lists over the years but the only ones i have remained with are those that make some attempt to prevent this type of abuse of group members. I have sent a copy of the email to MaryJane. I hope that the webmaster removes the sender of this email from membership since it is obvious that the sender is not here to contribute to the conversation. I have gone to my profile page and changed it so that members can no longer contact me by email. I am sorry to have to do that because i have enjoyed hearing from some of you privately, particularly since i haven't had time to participate on the forum lately.

From my favorite coffee cup:
"A gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do." Minnie Cody, 1901
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2004 :  5:56:13 PM  Show Profile
Way to go, Hidez - we want to get rid of anyone who is not truly a contributor to this site. And we have so many wonderful people who visit here!

jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2004 :  6:16:14 PM  Show Profile
I got the same one!!! It makes me soooo angry!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2004 :  6:21:05 PM  Show Profile
This is most definately a hoax. We have received these throughout the years and most disturbingly, a co-worker received a PHONE CALL via me (she was not at her desk and I took a message), along with a letter requesting personal info such as banking info etc. Please, friends, be careful when responding to e-mails and phone calls. I reported this as spam through Yahoo.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2004 :  1:55:05 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I recently got an x-rated email (for adult "products") and this has been happening more and more lately. Only my relatives had my email previously - I don't give it out, so I may have to remove it from this site.

Cecelia

ce's farm

"Curiosity is one of the forms of feminine bravery" Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2004 :  8:45:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls. Carol from MaryJanesFarm here. Just wanted to reply on this forum too, as we've posted some information about these scams on another forum. See Taylor's post of Oct. 28 on the Welcome Wagon, Warning forum. Our service provider has been working hard on this issue to try and make our chat more secure! Just so you know, too, I've been getting these kinds of e-mails for about 2 years or so at my university job, so it's everywhere. Hopefully, we can do something here so that it doesn't happen again, though.

Thanks everyone!
Carol

she laughed and laughed ...
Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic Hucksters, Hoaxes and Scams Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page