Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Tote Bag to Barter -- For Handmade Soaps?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Tote Bag to Barter -- For Handmade Soaps? Next Topic  

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  12:19:41 PM  Show Profile
Look: A bag for barter!

I made this tote with some great fabric that looks like a vintage crazy quilt. The motifs include an 'embroidered' bug, cherries, butterfly, and a large 'L' on the back side. (I made one for my sister, Lois, and she loved it!!) The bag is sewn with fleece interfacing, making it quite huggable -- I sew all my bags that way and I love the body it gives the bag.

The tote measures 17" across the top x 10" deep x 5" wide at bottom. The handles have a 12" drop, making it quite comfortable to sling over the shoulder. Inside is traditional Japanese print and a patch pocket (with topstitching to make two sections).

The tote closes with a loop and a vintage button.

I love handcrafted soaps and would love to trade for some. Or contact me if you have something else to trade?!

Oh, and I have a couple of vintage aprons up for barter, too, in a separate posting. Check it out.

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com

Edited by - katie-ell on Aug 08 2009 06:03:53 AM

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  06:18:40 AM  Show Profile
SWEET bag, lovely!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  07:18:40 AM  Show Profile
Katie, I am interested. I can get you homemade soaps from the local Mennonites if you would like. I'm headed there this morning to get some for other barter's and I can pick you up some. Tammy

http://afarmgirljourney.blogspot.com/
Farmgirl Sister #492

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. -Carl Bard
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  11:17:48 AM  Show Profile
Sorry I didn't get this message earlier . . . went to do my volunteer shift at the Historical Society. Yes, I'd love some soaps from your local Mennonites. I'll email you!

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Tote Bag to Barter -- For Handmade Soaps? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page