Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 getting fined for breastfeeding??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic getting fined for breastfeeding?? Next Topic  

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  06:11:43 AM  Show Profile
I saw an article on AOL this morning that says a woman who was nursing her baby in her parked car, was given a ticket. They are saying it is a highly controversial issue.
I am for breastfeeding, and it isn't illegal anywhere. So, maybe they cited her for indecent exposure? She was in her car though.So, I don't know.
I didn't get the link, but if you go to www.aol.com you will see the story there. I thought it might be something some of you might be interested in.

hugs

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  06:15:21 AM  Show Profile
I haven't seen this one, but there was a lady from Ohio who was given a ticket because she was breasfeeding her infant while driving her car (the infant wasn't in the carseat, so she was charged for that)...I'm not sure, it could be indecent exposure.

My favorite headline of idiocy involving babies was from yesterday--a Burger King in Missouri told a woman that she and her mother could not be served because her 6 month old baby was not wearing shoes. So, she put socks on her. Not good enough. The manager then threatened to call the police to have them removed, so they left and contacted the corporate office. Um...what happened to common sense?

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  06:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I saw the article and the ticket didn't have anything to do with the breastfeeding. The lady was parked illegally in a commercial zone- I guess 20 minutes before the restriction on parking was lifted. It seems pretty strict, but she was parked illegally. I feel bad for her. But I also feel bad for the police officer.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  06:25:27 AM  Show Profile
oh my gosh! That is ridiculous! At 6months old, babies aren't even really walking yet. That's foolish and troublemaking.
Anything to have control over what you do with your children and make you worry every time you go out that things you are doing aren't good enough.

I had this one lady when I was out grocery shopping not too long ago said the rudest thing. The kids were being terrible, I mean pack them up and leave the store terrible: fighting, pinching, screaming, smacking me. After about 15 minutes of struggling to get them under control, I finally just hollered at them.
This lady dressed like she'd stepped out of the ghetto 80s walks passed and says to her daughter, "She probably doesn't even want her kids. They dressed like dust mops coming out."
I'm thinking to myself do I just punch her? Ignore her? Or tell her off right there in the store? I figured she wasn't worth my time so I left it go.

It makes me so mad though that people think they can voice their opinions an old time they want to. Nowadays, I could have sued her opinionated self for slander.

ugh!

Jessie

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  08:45:35 AM  Show Profile
I found that BK story just ridiculous. My boss (an attorney) rubbed his eyes when he'd read it and said, "where is their brain?" Poor little Violet can't fit into any shoes yet, so I guess we'd be kicked out, too!!! I feel badly for the gal and the breastfeeding/commercial loading ticket, but I didn't feel badly for the woman in Ohio who got a ticket--she was endangering her child and everyone else around her. Oh, I forgot, she was also on the phone...She DESERVED a ticket!

I have noticed that people have opinions for everything, BUT especially when it comes to children. I'm sorry that lady said that "near" you...I especially don't like that she called your children dustmops. I'd show her a dustmop!!! Unfortunately, I am unable to hold my tongue, but I think in your situation with the kids being able to comprehend a potential situation, I might have just told the store clerk that I'd witnessed her stealing something Just kidding, I would never do that, but I'd be mad as a hornet, that's for sure!

My favorite has been when I'm asked how old Violet is, is she sleeping through the night, etc....by strangers, and I answer their questions politely and say, "she's such a good baby, really. Really very easy overall." They will ALWAYS say, "just wait!". Like all kids are jerks. Like all children railroad and run over their parents. It hasn't just happened one time, it happens EVERY time. So I've simply stopped saying she's a good baby, which really bugs the crap out of me. BECAUSE SHE REALLY, REALLY IS!!!"

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  09:27:32 AM  Show Profile
oh grief! She sure did deserve that ticket! Why bother breasfeeding if you aren't going to give it the attention you should. holy smokes!!

and I totally get what you are saying about people saying just wait..lol. I actually had this one lady say to me "Oh how nice, you have a boy and girl, now you won't have to have anymore. (I was already pregnant this one.) So I told her oh now, Hubby and I are hoping for at least half a dozen so we can teach them to have good manners. :P

There was a time when I almost couldn't wait for someone to say something stupid to me, just so I could give them the business, but anymore, the fights out of me and I'm just plain to tired for the foolishness. I mean, cmon really. ;)

with the dustmop lady, it wouldn't have been so bad, but I knew the kids didn't look like that. They had both had baths before we left and we dressed in really nice matching clothes, so I knew better.

lol

fun fun fun
hugs

Jessie

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9384 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9384 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  06:12:38 AM  Show Profile
People have no manners. They wouldn't etiquette if it slapped them in the face. I think they should give courses on it in high school. make it mandatory like everything else is nowadays.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  08:10:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh my Giddy Aunt! I can't believe these days the lack of common sense and lack of manners. Shoes on a six month old, geez! A friend told me once, when someone says something stupid to you,
"Smile to their face, and pray behind their back". The smile always seems to confuse them, I like that.

Hey, Denise, Yes, He is!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic getting fined for breastfeeding?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page