Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 about the interview...(venting)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic about the interview...(venting) Next Topic  

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  2:05:26 PM  Show Profile
I loathe people who lie.Hubby went up last Monday to look into a job. He met with the boss who told Cr that he was very interested and would be calling CR to schedule an interview for the end of this week.
CR hadn't heard anything by yesterday(being Wednesday), so he called to talk to the boss to see if he was still interested in scheduling for the end of this week. He had to leave a message with the secretary.
So,after waiting all day, CR called again. The girl he talked to told him that they aren't doing any kind of interviewing. CR told him that the boss had told him personally that he was planning to interview this week with him. She said, "Yeah, we aren't doing interviews!"
Of all the lowdown scum bag things to do!! Here we are getting our hopes up because a promise of an interview is the farthest CR has made it into gaining a job, and the guy was lying out his teeth!
I am so mad and frustrated. If they weren't hiring, why lie and say you are. If you are just going to blow someone off, why bother planting the seed of hope?! Is there no one out there doesn't lie?
We are still getting pressure from all sides. About the house we can't afford, the bills that keep coming, and now the truck that keeps breaking down. I am so mad and frustrated! ugh!!

hugs

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  2:14:14 PM  Show Profile
Wow Jessie, I am sorry to hear that :( I know it is really frustrating--I've been on TONS of job interviews in the last 6 months, and several of them seemed promising, with people saying tons of things--and none of them panning out.

There are two things I have learned from the experience: never put all of your eggs in one basket, and take everything with a grain of salt. For all you know, the boss might have been interested when he met your husband, but looked at the finances for hiring and decided against it. It might be more innocent than you think.

There are so many variables in employing people, that I really don't get my hopes up until I've heard the words "you're hired." Of course, I know this doesn't help. It's hard when the bills are piling up to find any justice in NOT being hired. I know, I'm pretty much in the same position as you--scraping by. However, since it seems the man in question doesn't at least have the decency to call your hubby to explain what is going on, do you REALLY want hubby to work there? It's definitely a blessing in disguise.

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Life: www.wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com
art/dolls: www.wildatheartart.blogspot.com
Plan to save America the old fashioned way!
http://wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com/2009/05/big-project.html
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  5:44:46 PM  Show Profile
I know how you feel, Jessie. lieing or skirting around the issue is one of my biggest pet peeves! I don't understand why people just can't be honest, especially when it comes to jobs. it's one of the most important times in a person's life and we NEED to know what's going on... my hubby is going through something similar, waiting for a supposed promotion. but he hasn't heard the status on it in a month and doesn't want to bring it up out of fear of sounding greedy. but in the mean time, we could really use the extra money and would like to know if we will have it in the near future for savings. so what are people supposed to do in these situations? i don't know... good luck to you and your hubby, though.

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  6:09:39 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry about your struggles Jessie! I know it doesn't help much to say this...but we really have been there and I was pregnant as well!!!
One job that is very stable and usually hiring is at Correctional Facilities. My hubby got a job there after much searching! Maybe your hubby could try looking into something in that field.
Praying for you and your family....I know it's so tough.
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  7:54:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Farmgirl huggzz Jessie! I'm so sorry that things didn't pan out for your hubby and I know that things seem bleak right now. Lots of prayers coming your way for your hubby to find work and your heart to be lightened. Vent whenever you need to. We're all here for you!

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  11:39:11 PM  Show Profile
I understand Jessie, been there done that.Many hugs and prayers for you and CR

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  04:02:45 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I've kind of figgered out that a company isn't 'technically' lying when they say WE will call you for interview/job/whatever. It's a roundabout way of saying leave the calling to them, don't call us. Not we WILL call you, there's a difference. Took me a long time to see the difference.

Winona ;-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic about the interview...(venting) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page