Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Floods in Kentucky & Indiana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Floods in Kentucky & Indiana Next Topic  

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  06:11:35 AM  Show Profile
To any farmgirls in my eastern states that are flooding I've been praying for you since the rain began. I know I'm not to close but the offer stands, if there is anything I can do just email me. I know we hear those words a lot but from the bottom of my heart I mean it. From a blanket to a baby bottle if you need it I will send it.
Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  06:50:23 AM  Show Profile
How very dear of you, Melody June...we are safe and sound up here, in my neck of the woods (just some water in the basement), but just a county over they are really suffering. Also, our neighbors in nearby Indiana have water over their corn crops. Not a good year for the farmers at all. Very sad.

Wonder about Janice, Wilma, Lainey et al? Sound off, girls of the Bluegrass!!!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  07:28:15 AM  Show Profile
Melody June, I was thinking the same thing last night when I was watching the news.

Jonni, glad to hear you aren't in the middle of this mess, and I'm anxious to hear from the other girls in the area. Hoping and praying everyone is o.k.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  07:38:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow! I hadn't heard about this yet ( we don't get the newspaper and I don't watch much TV). I am so sorry to those who are having flooding! I hope everyone finds a dry place to stay and that everyone stays healthy!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  07:48:41 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good to hear you are doing ok Jonni! I just saw Louisville on the news last night. Just horrible. We are fine here in my neck of the woods too. Prayers for everyone being affected by this.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  08:10:22 AM  Show Profile
I've been watching the news about Louisville all night, too, Melanie..just awful. Some animals even drowned in their cages at the Metro animal shelter. I'm just horrified. And horses are being vacated from Churchill downs...poor EVERYONE there! We are actually supposed to go to Louisville on Saturday for our anniversary dinner at our favorite restaurant. Probably should call...

I've contacted Janice's husband's place of business because I can't get her via email and I can't find her cell right now (too many emails back). Hoping that they're both alright as the flooding hit their area pretty hard.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  08:12:18 AM  Show Profile
My prayers go out to all who are going through this flood. Hang in there.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  10:29:57 AM  Show Profile
We are good here in Somerset. Lots of rain and some downed trees but no flooding that would cause any damage. So sorry for the Louisville area. I hate to see things like this. My prayers go out to everyone.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  10:41:04 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Glad to hear so many are fine. I have been worried as well. We are so hot and dry here it is hard to imagine that not everyone is feeling the same. While I was in Wisconsin recently there was rain and 70 degree weather.. seemed like a treat.. although to much of anything tends to be not that great..... I will try to send the sun that way to help dry you out a little :)

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/RFBlog/
www.twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl

www.ruralandraw.blogspot.com

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  10:42:13 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear, Laura! We've just had lots of rain. Our power went out yesterday morning before anything really horrible even happened, but I just credit that to our fabulous Duke Energy!

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  12:52:27 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, thanks for giving the heads up, will be waiting and praying all is well with Janice, Miss Wilma and any of my other bluegrass friends.
I have to agree with Rene, with it being hot here so long hard to remember what rain is like, gosh we will work really hard at sending sunshine your way.....

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  05:51:39 AM  Show Profile
Are we so unlike mother hens?? Women have such a natural instinct of when bad things happen we are not ourselves till we send prayer and messages out (cluck) and start taking head count. Our spirits only calm when we have heard from all our friends and we know they are safe (under our wings again) or tend to the needs they may have. I think He did a pretty darn good job when He created us! The spirit of women just amazes me.

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Floods in Kentucky & Indiana Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page