Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 New Endeavor-Professional Organizer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic New Endeavor-Professional Organizer Next Topic  

KansasCowgirrrl
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Lisa
Linn Valley KS
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  05:11:08 AM  Show Profile  Send KansasCowgirrrl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Farmgirls! I have finally taken the plunge and started my own professional organizing business. It's something I've always had a knack for and did well in the corporate world as a business process manager.

I've also helped friends and family members organize their homes, especially kitchens, file systems and computer files and taught them to keep everything in order. I am in the process of taking before and after photos to add to my website.

This is so exciting for me, I just wanted to share my news!

www.blackswanstudio.com

Cowgirrrl Lisa, Farmgirl #596
A cowgirl is a woman with guts and a horse

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  8:17:08 PM  Show Profile
Good luck Lisa. Keep us posted on your progress.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  05:35:20 AM  Show Profile
So, when can you get out here to OR?? Hmmmm??

Strangely, I can keep my barn and tack room (just try to hang a bridle wrong!!) in immaculate order but the house is sort of on its own. :-)

Winona ;-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  06:02:43 AM  Show Profile
will you ever consider helping the compulsive hoarder? If you want to barter for a book on this ....let me know. I took this study for my ceus for my nursing license.....very sad but very good method how to help. A very good system to organize massive amounts.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

KansasCowgirrrl
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Lisa
Linn Valley KS
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  6:01:40 PM  Show Profile  Send KansasCowgirrrl a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for the encouragement Marly!

Hi Winona, wish I could head out to Oregon! I love it out there. You'd be surprised how many professional organizers there are now. I bet you can find one in your area, or I can suggest some excellent books and resources. Our tack ends up in such a jumble when we haul it from the house to the horse trailer, to the barn...I need to set up a tack box for each horse/rider so everything always stays together. The disorganization of it drives me crazy, LOL. Hubby and the kids could care less.

Beverly, I actually assisted with an intervention and clean-up for a disabled military veteran who was in an extreme hoarding situation. While I was glad to assist, it's not an area I want to focus on. That client still requires monitoring by his relatives and therapy with a psychologist. It was a terribly stressful situation.

I'm much better with paper and electronic organization systems and teaching families and professionals to control their home and office clutter. I've also done a lot of work in the past with corporations on their work flows and data file taxonomies. It's one of those things I love to do, but makes other people shudder and their eyes glaze over when I talk about it!

Cowgirrrl Lisa, Farmgirl #596
A cowgirl is a woman with guts and a horse
www.blackswanstudio.com
Go to Top of Page

ZenGoddess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Cindy
MO
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  2:24:52 PM  Show Profile
I am wonder if those of you that sell on Etsy worry about a tracking number to make sure your items arrive or if any one has had past problems. I am new to Etsy and the whole postage - tracking etc have me a bit confused as to final pricing. Thanks for any help I can get on this girls !!

And Lisa, You could come and stay with me for awhile !

Hugs,
Zens Goddess

Simplify
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic New Endeavor-Professional Organizer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page