Page: of 2

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  1:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I am in the "market" for ric-rac, bias tape, ruffled quilt binding and such like. Because I sew a LOT and our Walmart is my only source for supplies . . . and they are making very recent and very drastic changes . . .it's getting harder and harder to get supplies.

Let me know what kinds of things you would be interested in for barter. I do papercrafts, beading, sewing . .
THANKS!
CJ

from the barefoot farmgirl

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3852 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3852 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  1:27:25 PM  Show Profile
I have some bias tape in navy 4 packs. I'd be interested in the beading.

Marjean

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards and jewelry, vintage tote bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
jeanpatch.wordpress.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  6:45:06 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Marjean,
For your beading interest . . . you interested in supplies or beaded jewelry items?
CJ

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3852 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3852 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  09:10:45 AM  Show Profile
Either one is good.

Thanks

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards and jewelry, vintage tote bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
jeanpatch.wordpress.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  2:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Marjean,
Tell me your favorite color(s)? Do you ear earrings (pierced)? Do you wear bracelets? Any style that you prefer?
When I know, for sure, what you have to trade then we can go from there
THANKS!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

suzifire
True Blue Farmgirl

95 Posts

Suzi
Denton N.C.
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  3:58:58 PM  Show Profile
I am cleaning out my sewing supplies & would love to pack a box for you...email me with an address.

"I want a world that is sane & just & clean & I am willing to do my part to make it so"
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  06:32:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Suzi,
I did send you an email. THANKS SO-O-O-O-O MUCH for your help.

Let me know if there is anything you wish to have in barter trade!!
THANKS AGAIN!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3852 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3852 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  10:34:28 AM  Show Profile
CJ,

I like bracelets, I don't wear earrings. Or, napkin rings 2 inches around.

Hugs,

Marjean

Farmgirl sister #308
jeanpatch.wordpress.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  12:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
What is/are your favorite color(s)?

CJ

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3852 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3852 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  10:00:39 AM  Show Profile
Earthtones, orange, brown, tan, sand, green medium to dark.

I have scraps of bias tape in green and brown. I'll send it along as extra. I'm posting a pic. on my blog of some sewing things I can't identify. Will you take a look and tell me what they are if you know and if you could use them.

Thanks,
Marjean

Farmgirl sister #308
jeanpatch.wordpress.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  10:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
The black-handled tool is a tracing wheel. It would be used with tracing paper to mark a seam or such like. The wooden bottles I think are just that . . .for decoration.
Do the ends of the yellow tool have anything distinctive about them? It's hard to tell.
Not sure about the cones . . .

If you want to send the tracing wheel I could probably find a use for it. Thanks!
Could you email me your mailing address.
CJA

Go to Top of Page

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  11:20:35 AM  Show Profile
I think the cone shape things are for braiding rag strips for making rugs. I would LOVE to have these has I have been saving fabric scraps just for this purpose. If interested let know what you like and I will look to see what I have.

Thanks
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  3:31:00 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Marjean,
I knew I recognized the cone shaped items as described by KathyC. I don't do rug braiding so I wouldn't be interested in those.
CJ

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3852 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3852 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  3:55:04 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kathy! I emailed you about the braiding aids. I have nine of them. Email me about the trade.

Hugs,
Marjean

Farmgirl sister #308
jeanpatch.wordpress.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  9:38:00 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for the welcome. Have been looking around and reading some of the posts but just jumped in, I'm kinda the shy type. If the cones are different sizes that would be for different weight fabrics. If they are different sizes I would like to have the largest, of course it takes 3 to braid. I have been saving old jeans and demin dresses for this purpose. If no one else is interested and they are different sizes I am sure I would eventually use them all. I don't have much time to make
much right now but I do stained glass, like to knit and crochet, do some sewing. I am also in the process of cleaning out a BUNCH of stuff. Let me know what kind of things interest you and I am sure I can come up with a good trade. I am looking forward to it.
Thanks,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  07:23:01 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Kathy,
If you would take a look at my original post about my search for notions, etc. . . . Let me know if you have anything you are cleaning out you'd like to barter for.
Thanks!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  07:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Suzi,
Let me know when you send my pkg . . . then I'll know sorta when to expect it. And, I'll be getting your apron made and to you in the next week or so. Sound okay?
THANKS AGAIN!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  08:39:08 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Welcome to MJ's and hope you enjoy this site, it's lots of fun!

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  11:34:13 AM  Show Profile
CJ,
I have a LOT of STUFF to get rid of. I'm a pack rat trying to get over it. I don't move very fast though, but will put my notions and such in a basket and will contact you. It looks like this is an on going thing for you and not something you need right now. Knowing that I have somewhere to send it that it will be used will make it easier for me to part with my STUFF.
Thanks,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3852 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3852 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  11:19:38 AM  Show Profile
CJ,

My email has been on the frits, so if you sent me an email I have not received it. Did you get mine about the vintage ric-rac and bias tape?

Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
jeanpatch.wordpress.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  1:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Marjean,
I didn't get your email re: vintage ric-rac and bias . . . what's the scoop?

CJ

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3852 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3852 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  5:14:56 PM  Show Profile
I was at an antique store that is going out of business and they have vintage ric-rac 8 pieces and bias tape 10 pieces single fold. They had a high price so I asked for them to lower it and they will be calling me if they are willing to do that. So, I was wanting to know if you wanted me to wait to send your package after they call or just send it out Monday?

Farmgirl sister #308
jeanpatch.wordpress.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  4:54:04 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Marjean,
I probably would not want the vintage supplies. I actually have a LOT of single fold bias and "baby" ric-rac, as well as some pkg. of larger ric-rac that came from my mother-in-law's sewing room. Most of that is vintage as well . . . I don't use a lot of the narrower/smaller stuff.
I DO appreciate your search, your attempt to get lower price and letting me know. Thanks so much for that!!!

Thanks for getting things together for me . . . can't tell you how much I appreciate that!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3852 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3852 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  6:13:43 PM  Show Profile
Ok, good to know. I will send out your package Mon. or Tues. I don't drive so I have to wait for my mother to take me.

Enjoy!
Marjean

Farmgirl sister #308
jeanpatch.wordpress.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  09:19:13 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Marjean
THANKS AGAIN, SO-O-O-O MUCH!! Looking forward to it . . . and I will send you one of my handmade bracelets . . . and perhaps something else as well.
If you ever run across any other of those types of supplies and think I may be interested and want to barter further, just let me know.
THANKS AGAIN!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  09:20:52 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Kathy,
Thanks for thinking of me and I appreciate you going through your STUFF on my behalf. Just let me know what you think you'd like to have in trade. I do papercrafts (cards and journals), beading and sewing . .
Thanks again
CJ

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Notions Wanted Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page