Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on? pinkroses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on? pinkroses Next Topic  

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  11:12:34 AM  Show Profile
So, it being so hot in a lot of places now
what are you all working on?
I am still working on my crocheted bedspread
a Hexagon motif, with pop corns in it
Still knitting, dishcloths.
out of 100% cotton.
I can't seem to quit knitting those dang dishcloths !!
I bet I have knitted enough to make 3 afghans . Lol
I want to get back into quilting this fall and
hand embroidery, I love both,
I haven't done those in a while ; because of all the stuff going on with the moving
which we haven't done yet.
I am beginning to think it is all a dream I made up . Lol hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativewritings.blogspot.com

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  12:12:06 PM  Show Profile
I am trying to finish a set of vintage crochet potholders, so I can start my Halloween apron for the swap! I have so embroidery I want to finish before Christmas, maybe when the garden is done.

how sweet it is to love some one, how right itis to care
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  12:15:18 PM  Show Profile
LL
your vintage potholders sound so pretty
if you get a chance post us a picture.
You garden sounds nice hugs sheila

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  12:43:39 PM  Show Profile
crocheting potholders and a snood, lol. After that will make a pinkeep and then?? Who knows... OH finished an apron too

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  12:59:19 PM  Show Profile
I bet your things are pretty.
Did you put them on your blog yet?
Love to see your apron hugs sheila

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  1:32:34 PM  Show Profile
I've been working on a wedding dress. Finally put the last stitches in it yesterday and am now working on the veil. Next it's two flower girl dresses and two junior bridesmaid dresses. If you want to see pics of the dress go to :

http://s460.photobucket.com/albums/qq329/SheepMom2/Wedding%20dress%20finished/

It sure is hot here - supposed to hit 100. Hottest day of the year so far. Thank goodness the sewing room has AC.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  1:37:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh my stars!! Sheri
that is beautiful
your work is so beautiful
Bet you have been working on it for every.
good job . hugs sheila

Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  4:56:32 PM  Show Profile
Im almost ashamed to add what Im working on after Sheris post. My goodness woman! Absolutely gorgeous.
Working on an apron for a barter I made, and 2 halloween aprons for the swap. I just finished making a special ¨purple fairy¨ apron for my youngest niece. And much to my delight, she wears it everywhere and refuses to take it off!!
Also have a pinkeep to make and potholders for swaps also! Maybe I signed up for too many swaps. LOL!!! But Im enjoying it so much!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  4:57:13 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful dress, Sheri!

I've really not been working on anything right now...it's just too hot. I have a lot of quilts planned, but I just can't stand piecing with the hot iron sitting next to me. In the spring, I completed 4 quilt tops, so I will have lots of quilting to do in the fall.

In the meantime...I have no choice but to shop. So much fabric to love!

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  5:01:02 PM  Show Profile
Sahra
I think aprons are hard work.
Cause I seem to be goofing them up a lot lately
I have made them for years and all of a sudden I am goofing them up.
Oh well.
Joyce
You made 4 quilt tops
Wow.
Girl, I think you deserve a break !
Fall isn't that far behind
then you can warm up by your iron. Ha. hugs sheila

Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  5:34:42 PM  Show Profile
I have so many things I am working on let's see...I am making new curtains for my kitchen and living room, I just am finishing up my niece/goddaughter's baptism dress, my son needs a new bookbag and lunchbag for school, and I have fallen in love with making pincushions. I finished one yesterday that is a flip-flop, it is so cute:)

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Instead of telling God how big your problem is....tell your problem how big God is.
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1669 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1669 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  6:22:05 PM  Show Profile
Well I just finished the apron and mailed it off yesterday. Have a pinkeep to make. Still working on my quilt.
It's a floral quilt that I designed out of flowers I appliqued onto blocks using light blues yellows and light purples. Put it all together and doing the hand quilting on it.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  7:13:44 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, that dress is beyond beautiful. You should be very proud. You are one very talented seamstress and the bride is one very lucky lady.

I've been making purses. Here's a pic of one that I made as a book tote by omitting the interior divider and pockets. I love this fabric. The black fabric used for the trim and handles has paw prints on it. (sorry the pic is not the best, it's from my cellphone)

Next, I'll be making my pot holders and pinkeep for the swaps. I need to make some greeting cards for a swap from another board and finally laundry basket gifts for some friends.

Sue
Farmgirl #656

"This is the day that God made, let us drink juice and enjoy it!" - Reece Stutts, age 3
Go to Top of Page

quiltingfarmergirl
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Barbara
Cato NY
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  7:48:54 PM  Show Profile
I just finished a quilted diaper bag for my niece and will be starting a quilt for my first great nephew soon and have to make a pinkeep for a swap and cut some charm squares for another swap. Love the window air conditioner in my sewing room on these hot humid days!

Barb
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  8:04:39 PM  Show Profile
By day I'm working on tiling my bathroom with 50's subway tiles. It is going a little slower than I thought because of all those little blue squares have to be cut in half to go aroung the edges.

By night quilting on something special for my new grand baby due in September. I crank up the A/C and pretend it's winter. LOL

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  9:26:41 PM  Show Profile
I'm working on a ripple stitch afghan. I really haven't had time to work on it lately, but I know as soon as the NFL begins playing their games, I'll be crocheting and watching. LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  9:28:07 PM  Show Profile
SUE!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely love that purse. Do you have one like that with cats? Let me know if you do. Do you sell them? If you do, let me know. I would love a cat purse like the dog purse. Too, too, cute.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  9:29:56 PM  Show Profile
Melody:
That quilt is going to be just beautiful. I wish I could learn to quilt. That is one of my goals. But, it seems like I have five thumbs when I try. Nothing comes out even, or straight. I get so wild about it, I just put it away.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  05:41:42 AM  Show Profile
wow sherie that dress is beyond beautiful. I've been working on aprons, reupholstering a glyder i bought at a yard sale and refurnishing a hutch my mother brought me last time she visited, i need to get that done before she comes in september, i have my great aunts antique china to put in it...
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  06:23:16 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Everybody is so busy! :) I have been working on a doll for my mom. I will be so glad when she done and moved to her new home. LOL She stands 4ft and is in the way everywhere I try to put her. Right now she is sitting in the recliner in the living room and I feel like someone keeps staring at me. hahaha Anyhoo... I am also working on a strip quilt for my sister and a wreath for a lady who has been wanting one for awhile.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  08:42:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh my !!
All the beautiful things you ladies have been making.
mine seems small compared to yalls
I love all of your things you are making
I see the summer heat hasn't taken our joy of making things out.
Sometimes, heat can get me down
My hubby works for a air/condition/ heating/ plumbing wholesale place
almost 50 years now.
We have 2 window units go figure.
in our new home we have central air.
I am so glad for modern day things like air conditioning and heating
although lately it costs more to use them
our electricy bill is going up about $17.00 can yall believe it ??
What is a body going to do?? hugs sheila

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  11:00:31 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I finished a Halloween apron...the pic is in the Halloween apron swap thread...go take a look!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Put on the apron of humility.
1 Peter 5:5
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  10:30:07 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message

WooHoo the dolly is done and she went to her new home!
I also got the strips done for my sister's quilt last night. Now to press them and cut them into blocks.
I also still have a wreath to work on. Hmm maybe I should get off her and get that done.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  2:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Oh my goodness you ladies can run rings around me. Sheri that wedding dress is out of this world gorgeous! Such talented women you all are. My meager works have been some home made bookmarks and working on a pin keep now. Also have a crocheted baby blanket on my hook and finished a baby stocking cap but think it's going to be way too small by fall :( So I probably need to get at a new and much bigger version. I have several necklaces made, some earrings, and bracelets. Finished a painted shovel and cheese box a couple wks. ago. Also finished a painting for my grandson's room with his name and some critters, flowers and vines on it. Still need to get that varnished and framed. I really need to get thinking about Christmas and get some things going for that very soon cuz I am sloooooooowwwwwww....LOL.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  06:40:39 AM  Show Profile
I'm working on an apron for the Halloween apron swap and I've been knitting a sweater, my first, that I've had to rip out more than I care to think about. The granddaughter also ripped out a few rows for me when she was here, too.

Sheri, what a gorgeous wedding dress! I wish I were that talented, but then both of my girls eloped.

Sue, do you do cow purses? I am so into the black and white cows!

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

okiequilter
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Cathy

USA
249 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  11:57:48 AM  Show Profile
The last thing I finished up was pocket potholders for a swap I'm in. You can see them here:
http://auntdaisyscottage.blogspot.com/2009/07/potholder-swap.html The link for the tutorial I used is also in the post.

Right now I am working on craft aprons for some friends and doing some hand work in the evenings ~ Christmas snowmen needle punch stitchery.
I have more pincushions cut out and I need to start putting them together because I'd had some more requests.

CathyJean
www.AuntDaisysCottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on? pinkroses Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page