Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Looking for a spinng wheel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Looking for a spinng wheel Next Topic  

janeitesarah
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Sarah
Idaho
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  10:10:18 PM  Show Profile  Click to see janeitesarah's MSN Messenger address  Send janeitesarah a Yahoo! Message
I am trying to take up spinning, but acquiring a spinning wheel is proving challenging. Is there anyone with a wheel sitting around they would like to trade away? I'm looking for an Ashford Traditional or traveller. Let me know, and we can discuss what you'd like to barter/trade for it!

Thanks!

Jane Austen-loving, tea-drinking, wool-knitting city-girl who is a farm-girl at heart.

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  10:27:21 PM  Show Profile
I have been looking for a spinning wheel too. I don't know anything about spinning or about wheels and first off need lots of info. Thanks. MB

BTW: Welcome Sarah.

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  03:57:45 AM  Show Profile
I am a spinning, but a porr one. I looked at many different wheels but found that they were mighty expensive. So after some research, I found that just about all wheels work the same, it is mostly looks. I found myself a wheel on a website where the husband and wife have designed thier own wheels and really affordable. www.heavenlyhandspinning.com I LOVE this wheel. Iwas taught on a wheel that had Scotch tension, these are irish tenson but I have never noticed the difference. I think y wheel ran about $150. I had looked at new ones ($500+) and I had looked at used Ashfords ($300+). I am very happy with this wheel I have purchased.

Marybeth, if you have any questions about spinning, email me, I would be glad to help if I can!!

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Instead of telling God how big your problem is....tell your problem how big God is.
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Looking for a spinng wheel Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page