Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 TAKEN 1927 Electric Refrigerator Recipes Book!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic TAKEN 1927 Electric Refrigerator Recipes Book! Next Topic  

HandmadeLife
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Cheryl-Lynn
Columbus Ohio
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  11:36:15 AM  Show Profile
For barter:

A great little vintage book published in 1927 by General Electric Company entitled "Electric Refrigerator Recipes and Menus Specifically Prepared for the General Electric Refrigerator." Color illustrations throughout, hardcover, with instructions for maintaining and using your GE refrigerator ("Many foods are improved by chilling..") and lots of chilly recipes which take advantage of the numerous possibilities your 1920s refrigerator has to offer.

A nice slice of history!

Photos at:
http://barterphotolots.blogspot.com/

Edited by - HandmadeLife on Jul 31 2009 12:57:54 PM

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  11:49:40 AM  Show Profile
LOL!! I was admiring this on your blog earlier today! What would you like to barter for?

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

HandmadeLife
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Cheryl-Lynn
Columbus Ohio
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  12:02:19 PM  Show Profile
What would you like to offer? I'm open to just about anything besides fabric and books because that's what I'm working on organizing/cleaning out for myself! :)
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  12:14:09 PM  Show Profile
Sent you and e-mail. :)

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  06:26:27 AM  Show Profile
Cheryl, I received my book in the mail yesterday. I LOVE it!! It is so cool with the little menus and recipes. I will definitely be cooking some of the recipes out of it, but mostly it is just really neat to read and look at because of the history! Thank you so much!

I mailed your package day before yesterday, so hopefully you will be receiving it soon. :)

Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic TAKEN 1927 Electric Refrigerator Recipes Book! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page