Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 WHAT is so wonderful about Anne of Green Gables.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic WHAT is so wonderful about Anne of Green Gables. Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  8:34:10 PM  Show Profile
Dutchy:
Have you read "These Is My Words"? Now that is one good book.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  12:43:43 AM  Show Profile
Marly, no I haven't. Is that also an Anne book??

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  5:59:15 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I'm so gald you like the book Marian! It's also one of my favorites.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  8:41:21 PM  Show Profile
Marian:
No, but there is a similiar theme. "These Is My Words", is written by Nancy E. Turner. This is a short description of what the book is about:
"Inspired by the author's original family memoirs, this absorbing story introduces us to the questing, indomitable Sarah Prine, one of the most memorable women ever to survive and prevail in the Arizona Territory of the late 1800s. As a child, a fiery young woman, and finally a caring mother, Sarah forges a life as full and fascinating as our deepest needs, our most secret hopes, and our grandest dreams."
Marian, let me know if you are interested in reading the book. There is also two sequels to the book. The second book is "Sarah's Quilt", and the third book is "The Star Garden".
Those three books are three of the best books I have ever read.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  12:00:24 AM  Show Profile
Marly, they sound AWESOME too. LOL would love to read them as wel haha. SO many wishes. I love books that are situated in that era. Maybe that is why I adore LHOTP books. And books about quilts, like the ones Jennifer Chiaverini writes. Like I said, SO many wishes lol

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  11:07:13 AM  Show Profile
Dutchy:
I love Jennifer Chiavernini's books. One reason, besides they are just so good, is that I have always dreamed of being able to make a quilt. One day I will try. Quilts are one of my favorite things in life.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Reading Room: Previous Topic WHAT is so wonderful about Anne of Green Gables. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page