Author Family Matters: Previous Topic My only big issue left... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  8:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok..I have worked through a lot of issues this year. This past month, I have been home with Charlie, 24/7 and as much as I love, love LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE him, I am finding myself extremely bored, a bit anxious and I am honestly not enjoying myself. I mean, there are moments but the 24/7 is honestly starting to drive me nuts. I am trying to feel the bliss and blessings, how lucky I am but I am the type of person who has to be doing something. Moving somewhere new, once again, I know no one. Without me working or going to school, we don't have the money for daycare and to go to even take swim lessons. I know I sound like I am whining but honestly, I am not handling this well. It so sucks and I try to get up everyday with a great attitude about it but it's just not working. It really is making me sad because aren't I supposed to be enjoying this??? I was home with him for 1.5 years before I had to put him into daycare while I went to school.

Heather

Edited by - catscharm74 on Jul 26 2009 8:24:10 PM

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  9:04:50 PM  Show Profile
I have only been on the mjf chat here for a couple of months at the most, so can you tell me how old Charlie is? Could be you are lonely for adult conversation. I do know that raising young children can leave you feeling a little isolated.
Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  9:34:46 PM  Show Profile
Well thats very normal - you can sure expect to go through phases just like that. You will need to find adult interaction and soon. Your local library has free programs all the time- take Charlie to it regular, don't forget to drag him out for walks - even just moving outside sometimes just gives you new breath, find every local free thing you can! I drag my son everywhere! Don't forget if your getting bored so probably is he! When your husband is home let him have daddy and son time and you go to the bookstore or whatever is soothing for you!
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  06:45:57 AM  Show Profile
I had to find me something I like to do read, sew, make jewelry or ect to keep my mind of not being able to go. I have been w/o a car while hubby goes to work and sometimes it drives me nuts even with my kids who just so happen to be teens! So they dont really talk to mom either! But I agree with the other if you can go somewhere even to the park or library at least its a change of view maybe that will help. Let us know how things go! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  7:16:39 PM  Show Profile
How about going back to work or school? Honey, not everyone is cut out to be a stay at home Mom. That foesn't make you a bad Mom. It just makes you a person who needs to fulfill her own wants and needs too. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
My daughter adores her kids, but she has been working since she was 17 and loves it. She is not one to stay home all day, it makes her a very unhappy camper. Right now she is an LPN who is going to school to become an RN. She is just loving it and loves being a nurse and a mom and wife. By the way she is 42. Give it some serious thought Heather, you may need to just jump back in and enjoy it. Now don't everyone jump on me thinking I am putting down stay at home Mom's I was one and for me it was a good choice, but it is not for everyone.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic My only big issue left... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page