Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Attention Home School Moms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Attention Home School Moms Next Topic  

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  5:33:53 PM  Show Profile
Beverly here wanting to swap new scholastic books for your children for a Christmas Care package sent to my kids at Christmas.

I will be volunteering at an up coming book fair in August...for every hour I work I get $10.00 worth of books. I would gladly get the type of books you choose at your child's level and send them to you in exchange for a Christmas package of goodies for my 2 grown foodies. Who doesn't like to get packages at Christmas? I will be in India ...they both will be in Massachusetts.

Let me know---we both can have fun with this swap.

Beverly

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  6:33:56 PM  Show Profile
Oh wow Beverly...I would be very interested in this. My children will be Kindergarden and Pre-K but I could do packages for your kids at Christmas!
Let me know what they like!!
Anyway...I'll wait to hear from you for further instructions!!!
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  12:20:24 PM  Show Profile
wow...no other takers????

Is it my deodorant??????

oh well....we will still haave fun.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Oxbow
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Lindsay
Winchester Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  1:16:08 PM  Show Profile
If only my babies were a bit older I would do this in a heartbeat! Great Idea!
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  3:07:54 PM  Show Profile
thanks Lindsey...fyi Scholastic actually has quite an assortment of cookbooks,decorating, and other books for adults....maybe you would be interested in my getting some of those for you.???

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

mom2my2boyz
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Sarah
MN
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  05:47:23 AM  Show Profile
Oooo! I know I'm a little late, but I would love to do this! I have two boys - one in 1st grade and one in Pre-K and we LOVE books! Oh, and I love, love, LOVE to bake, so this would be a great barter! I've never done anything like this before, so where do I start? :o) I can do either just baked goods or an assortment of all kinds of things - baked goods, jams, jellies, homemade soaps, etc. Just let me know! I'm looking forward to this - it'll be fun! Thanks for a cool barter opportunity!

"So I threw my hands in the air. I was done with Wal-Mart and Wonderbread. I wanted something real."
-Excerpted from Jenna Woginrich's book, "Made from Scratch" a must-read!
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  06:48:46 AM  Show Profile
Sarah, you are not too late....just e-mail me what type of books do you want me to choose for your children.....and what cookbooks do you already own?
The Book fair that I will be volunteering at is soon...the beginning of August...so you should recieve your package no later then the 20th of August.
I get some really good deals on some of these books....others not that great.DO NOT feel that you have to match me on the barter..I don't expect that at all.
So when you get a minute let me know what kind of cookbooks you own or would be interested in.
ttyl
Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  10:35:47 AM  Show Profile
this week is the book fair...I so look forward to getting books for your youngsters....I'm big on books for children.
I looked over the Ispy books...I am going to try my best to get you each one for your children....I think you will enjoy these very much. Its where you find different things on the page...beautiful pictures.
also, I'm excited about the nature books...those are really nice...not too many at your age levels---but I believe there will be some. I will be getting these packages off to you both on Saturday..so keep your eyes wide open.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

mom2my2boyz
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Sarah
MN
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  05:56:32 AM  Show Profile
oh, Yay!!!!! My boys will be SOOOOO excited (me, too!!)!!!! ;o) And don't worry about the nature books being at their age levels - my boys love looking at /listening to all levels of books! :o)

"So I threw my hands in the air. I was done with Wal-Mart and Wonderbread. I wanted something real."
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  08:47:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh and definitely some books on Christmas.....and maybe an advent calendar.....they usually have those...usually. I hope to get some pop up books also. They can have some really nice ones..theres a company in Cambridge Massachusetts that makes exceptional pop up books---they are really really really nice.

....see how excited I get doing this volunteer thing....I love it. And Sarah and Misty.....you two really are going to be very very happy that you responded...believe me.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  09:58:21 AM  Show Profile
Oh I am really excited about this exchange!! Plus this helps us out so much because a lot of these will be Christmas gifts for my older 2 kids.
Thanks Beverly!
Go to Top of Page

mom2my2boyz
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Sarah
MN
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  10:01:02 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much, Beverly! It'll be like Christmas in our house when we get the books! I do like your idea, too, Misty - I may have to consider doing the same thing. Would certainly make Christmas a little easier on the pocketbook! ;o)

Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  1:27:06 PM  Show Profile
Yes, smart idea ladies....that is just what I would do too.

Only wish you were here to pick out the books yourselves....you would love it BUT would be overwhelmed..the warehouse is huge. I have done about 8 of these...and love it very much.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  3:07:16 PM  Show Profile
went very well considering they did not have the selection they usually have---it was a mini fair---but I still did very very well. No advent calendars.......BUT I got so very lucky at the very end....I got 2 I Spy books....so you each will get one----they didnot even have them out----God knew how bad I wanted those for you and just as I am getting ready to call it a day....2 appeared right in front of me---a miracleBECAUSE I know they were not out....I looked for 5 hours.
The total weight of all the books is 25 lbs....so thats perfect about 13 lbs. each,
....I know absolutely know you will be very pleased .Got Dick and Jane books....remember them?

ttyl

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

mom2my2boyz
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Sarah
MN
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  1:11:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I can't WAIT!!!!!! Thank you, thank you!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  2:58:22 PM  Show Profile
wow...I did so very well---I had them give me a guesstimate today---I spent about $170.00----but I earned $150.00....then I get $15.00 off.......so I owe $5.00 ....isn't that great? And actually the books are valued at $340.00

Do I feel good or what????

Beverly....hoping that the guesstimate is right on target.....will let you know tomorrow when I buy them .

Go to Top of Page

mom2my2boyz
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Sarah
MN
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  3:13:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh my!!!!!! That is an AMAZING deal!!!! You go, Girl! lol! :o)

Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  5:37:17 PM  Show Profile
I know its awsome....it really is.

the only bummer is I was not able to get a baby book to my liking for a baby girl.....I am a bit disappointed.
Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2009 :  1:53:58 PM  Show Profile
I got real lucky today....mailing the packages out with NO line at the post office---that is so very very rare.

Enjoy your books, ladies

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  05:01:53 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Beverly!!! I can't wait for the package!! It'll be my first Christmas box!!
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Attention Home School Moms Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page