Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  9:03:24 PM  Show Profile
I bought 20 pieces of old flour sack fabric today. Different colors and patterns. I plan on making groceries totes and selling them at a farmers market. She had 20 more I may go back to get. They were $5 a piece, I really don't know if that is a good deal or to much. Obviuosly, I didn't care, I got 'em. Can't wait to get them made up.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  9:16:48 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Julia, that's great! The price doesn't matter if it speaks to your heart! But I must admit, when I read your subject title, "Bonanza", I immediately thought of the show and was all set to tell you how when I was little I'd tell anyone who'd listen that I was gonna marry Lil' Joe Cartwright when I grew-up and how I'd make-up stories about the two of us!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  9:54:23 PM  Show Profile
Julia, good for you, put up pics when you have them done, OK.

Cherry, you would have had to beat me to him first, and I could run real fast back then, LOL.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  10:01:22 PM  Show Profile
Yep, we never missed it either (Bonanza). Julia, I think you proably got a good deal. Can't wait to see what they look like. I love flour sack material.
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  06:16:35 AM  Show Profile
You got a good deal on the feed sacks. If it was the whole bag they go for about $12 each. You will have to show pictures of what you do with them. I have collect enough small pieces to make 243 Grandmothers Flower Garden blocks for a quilt. I wish I could have gotten them for your price. You did hit the Bonanza!

We used to live in Pollock Pines, CA and my mom in law came from NYC to visit and all she wanted to do was go to the Pondarosa Ranch in Tahoe. You would not believe what it really looked like. It was not a real house nor barn. Mostly false fronts. Anyone remember the stair case that went up to the bedrooms? Well there were no bedrooms up there, LOL the stairs went up to a wall, there was not upstairs. Those bedroom scenes were really done in Hollywood on the tv set. Needless to say my little mom in law was truely dissappointed.
Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  09:48:23 AM  Show Profile
Hee! Hee! Teresa, I luuuuuvved me some Lil' Joe! I would make the boy up the street pretend to be him. He wouldn't want to do it AGAIN, so I'd just keep calling him Joe instead of Ricky until he'd give in!

Melody June, I have always wanted a house like the Ponderosa! I've always loved the furniture! But my stairs would have to actually lead somewhere.

Julia, I'm excited to see what you stitch up with those sacks!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  10:42:47 AM  Show Profile
Wow! I want to see pictures of your finished products. Great deal in my opinion.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  7:59:26 PM  Show Profile
Who didn't want to marry Little Joe!

I will get pictures posted as soon as I can. Give me a couple of weeks, cause I will be moving into my new house next week.

Thanks Melody, I'm glad I got a good price on them.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  07:53:37 AM  Show Profile
Julia - did you get them at a garage sale or antique store or where? sounds like a great idea you have for them!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1678 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1678 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  08:06:47 AM  Show Profile
Wow Julia, I wish that I could get some flour sack material down here. Sounds like a good deal to me. I remember watching Bonansa and ironing all of my clothes. Back then everything was cotton and had to be iorned. Mom would wash and I being the oldest would iron.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  08:54:25 AM  Show Profile
OK, you girls can have Lil Joe. I preferred Hoss. Actually I thought Adam was the best looking but looks arn't everything. Hoss was such a sweetheart of a teddy bear. But then, I would have given up all three of them for Bobby Ewing!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Bonanza! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page