Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 festival/hippy patchwork dress pattern
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic festival/hippy patchwork dress pattern Next Topic  

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  10:10:23 AM  Show Profile
So as some of you girls know I just bought a sewing machine, I've been making some aprons and want to try my hand at making a festival patchwork dress, i see homemade ones on ebay all the time but where do i get the pattern for one, do they just shoot it from the hip? I've looked everywhere. can any of you farmgirls help me out?

shayna
gardiner,maine

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  11:52:02 AM  Show Profile
Shayna - please post a link to one on ebay like what you're talking about, so I can picture it! Then maybe we can give you some ideas.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  12:42:06 PM  Show Profile
here's a link

Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  1:53:13 PM  Show Profile
Shayna, I've seen dresses similar to this in the costume section, like the renaisance dresses in McCalls, Simplicity, etc. It looks (to me) like a modified "lady fair" type dress.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  2:12:48 PM  Show Profile
Hey Shayna, I think I found something close to the pattern you are looking for. Check out this website. I have ordered from this woman before and she is wonderful to work with.

http://risingfeenix.com/inc/sdetail/5442

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  3:25:15 PM  Show Profile
Sarah, thank you so much, those look exactly to what I'm looking for, i can just modify the back a little and make it a lace up...wish me luck! and thanks again farmgirl!!
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  07:43:29 AM  Show Profile
Yeah!!! Glad to help! Best of luck and happy sewing. Make sure to post a pic when you get done with it so we can see your creation. :)

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  07:52:14 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I can't wait to see a pic...good luck with it! I like the style too!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Wear the apron of humility.
1 Peter 5:5
Go to Top of Page

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  08:11:38 AM  Show Profile
I found another site http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=search2 and alot of the girls said they didn't buy patterns they either made their own or like i thought before..shooting it from the hip..LOL. since i'm so new to sewing i think i may need a pattern but i will for sure post pics for all you girls. keep your fingers crossed for me!!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic festival/hippy patchwork dress pattern Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page