Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  10:15:59 AM  Show Profile
I signed yesterday on my new house. I am very excited to get moved in, which won't be until next Tuesday. I look forward to getting settled, my things out of storage and my own space.
My daughter and I have been staying with my sister and her family, which had been great, I have laughted so much since I have been here, but I do like my won things about me.

It was kind of weird going to sign by myself. Last time it was me and my hubby buying our first home together. With him gone, it is all me. Even when the plumbing goes bad, it will be up to me. I know I can do it, it just still seems strange. I know he would be pleased with the house, knowing my daughter and I have a nice place to live.

I am excited to make it my own. TO get in the garden, I have missed gardening these past couple months. I am glad there is still some summer left.

I posted the pictures of the house before, but thought I would again.

http://www.windermere.com/index.cfm?FUSEACTION=listing%2ElistingDetail&LISTINGID=47958151

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Edited by - Julia on Jul 22 2009 10:16:58 AM

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  10:42:20 AM  Show Profile
Julia:
What a nice looking house! I'm so happy for you and your daughter. I love hearing your positive attitude. Can't wait to see when you post a picture of your garden next year for us to see. Good luck. Keep us posted. After you settle in, let us know how things are going for both of you. Take care.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  11:00:30 AM  Show Profile
Julia it is just beautiful and so charming! I am so happy for you! I'm sure you will be able to take care of things. Remember that God IS faithful. Thanks for the update, I was wondering :) (and somehow I missed the pictures before :()

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  11:03:58 AM  Show Profile
Adorable! What a lovely house, with beautiful light! Proud of you, Farmgirl--you'll be able to tackle anything that comes! Congratulations!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  11:06:58 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Julia! What a wonderful feeling to be moving into your new home. Best of luck to you and your daughter.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  11:07:40 AM  Show Profile
I'm so excited for you! It's a great house and a beautiful yard. Bet you can't wait to put your own touches on it!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  11:20:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
It's a beautiful place inside and out, Julia. Im very happy for you and your daughter. Congratulations!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  12:19:18 PM  Show Profile
It's so cute!
Hope you'll have lots of fun decorating and making it home,
Joyce
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  2:20:21 PM  Show Profile
~~ ~~ Whatta great house!! -- this is just the cutest little doll house I've seen in a long time. You got a really good price on it too -- esp. for the # of bedrooms& bathrooms -- The yard looks huge!! -- And the kitchen looks like you could get 15 people in there an' still have room!!

I'm just tickled for you -- getting a house in todays market is just this side of a miracle, and yours is just wonderful.

Congrats!!

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  2:47:32 PM  Show Profile
Wow, looks great! I LOVE the garden space. You go, farmgirl!

The Biz www.tvalahandmade.com
The Blog: http://blog.tvalahandmade.com/
The Bits www.happydalehobby.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  3:04:58 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely adorable!!! I'm so very happy for you, Julia! I can't wait to see how you make it your own!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  3:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What a charming home, Julia! I can't wait to see pictures of it once you have made it your own. I would love to have such a well established garden going! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  3:55:01 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE IT!!!!! Great possibilities. I know you can't wait to make it your own.

Blessings,
Tina
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  4:13:59 PM  Show Profile
Good luck on your new house.
I know you two are excited.
Hubby, son and I are soon ( I hope) going to be moving into our new home.
I will be glad when it is all done with;
I bet you will too.
Moving is the pits.
I am glad I don't move often, Lol hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativewritings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  4:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
What a cute cute house!!! It has so much character, you can make it your own. And that wonderful backyard! WOW!

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  5:01:23 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations!! What a beautiful little cottage!! I hope the rest of the buying process goes smoothly for you!!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  5:48:31 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls. The pictures were taken in spring, now the whole garden bed by the picket fence is full of hollyhocks! It is so gorgeous. The attic has been partially finished. I will have it completed which will give me 2 more bedrooms. Then when all my kids come for holidays, everyone will have space!

I just found a really cool camp stove with an oven. The top is like a regular coleman camp stove but under it there is this oven! It is great! I got it more as this area in the winter does lose power so thought it would be great to have in emergencies, but I also want to create an outdoor kitchen in the back yard.

I do hope to send some pictures as I make my house my home. Kind of blog it as I go.

Thanks for the kind words and for encouraging my heart with your words of strength.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  6:26:48 PM  Show Profile
Julia,
that is so awesome! Congratulations....
farmgirl hugz

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  7:30:55 PM  Show Profile
What a lovely house. I hope you and your daughter prosper and are happy there.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  7:37:03 PM  Show Profile
I love your new little cottage. It could be on a magazine cover. Can't wait to see your garden.
Go to Top of Page

RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  8:21:09 PM  Show Profile
Umm, HELLO?!! It's fabulous! What a terrific house! You've got some painting to do, who gets the pink room? lol... I love it! I hope it's everything you two dreamed of. :)

*I've got stars in my eyes and exactly $1 in my pocket!*
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  10:09:55 PM  Show Profile
Yep, the pink room is rather, pink. The room has been occupied by the most adorable little girl named...MaryJane!
It will be my craft room, so for now it it ok. The blue room is my daughter's. She want to paint it. We got the paint today. It will be a soft mossy green, with one accent wall in plum. My yellow room stays yellow, though I will be putting up some beadboard paneling up half way. I can't get enough of beadboard.

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  11:29:01 AM  Show Profile
Julia,

What style and colors will you decorate with :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  4:04:18 PM  Show Profile
I am a shabby chic, earthy warm tone kind of gal. I love the craftsman style, which happens to be the style of the house. I have some antiques, some newer stuff. My couch is a sage green hand me down, that I love. I just bought a chair( for $30 at a yard sale, for the local christian school), for the living room that is an eggplant color. My area rug has the color of the couch, chair and as well as a beige color. My kitchen is a cross of shabby chic and country. I am all about warm and cozy. I like to have people come in, take off their shoes and curl up on the couch, just cuz they can't help themselves. I look forward to making that possible. It will be fun!

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  4:19:47 PM  Show Profile
love your new house...it is sooooo cute--i'm a sucker for picket fences! it just looks so warm and cozy and like it has good karma, too! enjoy---and best of luck to you, your daughter and the rest of your family when they visit!! sue
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  4:22:52 PM  Show Profile
I got a call from the title company...the house is offically mine! Being that I paid for it in full, it is really mine. No house payments!!!!

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic New House! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page