Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Why am I up at 5 after midnight??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Why am I up at 5 after midnight?? Next Topic  

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  9:10:52 PM  Show Profile
Because my Hubby is snoring loud enough to rattle the next door neighbors gates!!!

Every night to go to bed, I pop in a movie and climb in bed, in hopes that the movie will induce sleep and I might actually get some. (I know sounds crazy to put in a movie every single night, but I have this thing about their being light on and sound when I fall asleep. QUite frankly I hate the dark and the only way to get my brain to shut down enough to sleep is to infiltrate it with sights and sounds.)

So anyways, I put in a movie that has proven to put me to sleep everytime. Tonight, however, I couldn't hear it because the lumberjack was going to town.
I woke him up and asked him to roll over...which he never did.
I tried to roll him over myself...insert laughing hysterically here!
Finally, I gave up and got up to go potty and shut the movie off.

He rolled over and is snoozing away. I can't get to sleep and I am a little grumpy (probably from lack of sleep) and mad.
Would it kill him to move to the couch or something?? I mean sheesh, Louise!! Be considerate here!

Sorry about the ranting.It just drives me crazy. He knows he snores and yet he won't do anything to help the rest of us sleep. I have a 4 and 3 year old as most of you know. Hubby gets up crabby every morning because he says the kids keep him up all night. (Might I clarify this...at 6 in the morning, both of my children have made it into my bed and by 7, Hubby has snored so loudly and so much, they are ready to get up)

OOoh!!! I shall have to invest in ear plugs and let him truly contend with the children at night!

ugh and hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  9:47:42 PM  Show Profile
Funny...I'm up at 12:47 am for the exact same reason!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  9:49:21 PM  Show Profile
I am just up....as always.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  9:54:30 PM  Show Profile
I'll probably fall asleep around 5:30...30 minutes before my alarm will go off!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  10:00:12 PM  Show Profile
Gosh that sounds familiar..haha. Actually, lately, I end up falling asleep about 2 or 3am each night. I finally give up and just get things done until midnight and then either embroider or read until I get sleepy. At least I can sleep until 7 or 7:30 most days in summer time. That changes in a month when school starts back up!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  12:21:09 AM  Show Profile
Same here, we are camping and hubby is tearing the walls down. And I'm supposed to be the one with sleep apnea rofl toooo funny. Good thing we're in a camper and not a tent or he'd have everyone up hahaha

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/iloveyoumom

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  04:25:30 AM  Show Profile
OHHH poor Jessie. I would go buy a nice tent if I were you!! These days I am in bed at 9;30 and wake up at 6:30 wishing I could just have one more hour!!!
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  07:52:29 AM  Show Profile
this is all so funny---BUT not really.....I experience the same thing with my husband. And then sometimes I just am up anyway during the night...just can't sleep.

I do have a suggestion....warm milk tends to get me in a better sleep then usual...to not hear my husband's snores. Sometimes too I notice if I have the fan on I don't hear him.

I am lucky though some nights he doesn't snore...then I wonder is he still here on earth??? And some nights he snores lightly. But then there are some---oh well you all know....I'm up most of the night. The sofa is a godsend though...I get sleep there once I get back to sleep.

Sleepless in Marlborough

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  08:15:24 AM  Show Profile
It is comforting to know I am not alone. :D Sorry that you all have to be up at the crack of dawn to know what its like though..lol

I don't think the snoring would bother me half so much, if when I woke him up to tell him about it, he'd change positions or sit or something just so he'd stop for a few minutes. It doesn't take me long to get to sleep when its quiet (except for the tv).

I slept in this morning. CR wasn't working today and I figured he was going to be crabby anyways...lol (I know I'm bad :P)

hugs all

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  2:29:27 PM  Show Profile
I too get the "snore and the windows rattle" business nearly every night. What I found that works some times, is I tap tom on the shoulder, ask him to roll over and face the opposite wall, and snore to that wall, not in my ear.

Most times this works, and I can finally get to sleep. The other morning (Sat.) when he & Noah were going to the store, Tom mentioned that the shed was getting cleaned out, and (honest an' for real) then sez, "That way if you kick me outta the house for snoring, I'll have somewhere to go..."

I laughed so hard I thot I'd fall over. And yes, he & Noah cleaned out the shed, and got some groceries all on the same trip.

Wonders never cease!!

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  3:07:26 PM  Show Profile
Jessie:
When my husband does the snoring thing, I pinch his nose. Eventually he rolls over. In the mornings he is saying, "Look at all the little red marks on my nose." I say it's probably the cats doing that. LOL Heres hoping you get a good nights sleep tonight.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  3:45:07 PM  Show Profile
lol Marly, I would have to blame the children. no cats here, but thats a good idea...rofl

Laurianne-- Im thinking of setting a cot up in the garage for him...LOL

hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  4:28:01 PM  Show Profile
I fall asleep around 10:45. 15 minutes before the end of the tv show that I want to see the ending. Then I wake up around 2am but if I get out of bed my husband can't sleep. I use ear plugs but I can still hear him breathing. Then I toss & turn until about 5:30am and get up at 7am. I'm retired so I should be able to sleep in but I can't. When I worked I got up at 5am. I need my sleep. Tonight I'm going to bed at 8pm

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  08:26:59 AM  Show Profile
Ha! - jessie that is jus' too funny -- Gettin' a cot! -- But ya know what? -- I think it's a good idea to go and check the price on a cot..never know when it can come in handy...Ha!!

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  08:35:07 AM  Show Profile
Ole Ron sleeps in the guest bedroom. I can't go to sleep unless the tv is on and he can't go to sleep with it on. Some nights I never go to sleep. Some nights I go to sleep, wake up at 1:00 or so and don't go back to sleep until the morning news comes on. I watch one channel that shows old TV shows all night. I would like to be able to get up and get some things done, but too tired. Tired but not sleepy. Fortunately, I don't have to get up and go to work so I don't worry about it and try to make the most of it.

Belle
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  11:29:02 AM  Show Profile
And when your husband STOPS snoring, does it scare you? When Matt stops snoring in the middle of the night, I'm always afraid that he's stopped breathing so I poke him. Then he moves a little, and usually starts snoring again!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  12:03:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh!, Jessie Mae!! -- I do the same thing to tom, and sometimes he rolls over an' sez, "uh - huh..I'll move in a minute.."

An' goes right back to sleep..and snores louder!! Ack!!

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Why am I up at 5 after midnight?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page