Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 How to install bobbin in Kenmore machine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic How to install bobbin in Kenmore machine Next Topic  

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  5:38:25 PM  Show Profile
HELP!!! I just bought a kenmore sewing machine from a lady off of craigslist. she only used it twice and didn't know how to use it, i got a good price on it..anyhow, i have it all thread up but i don't know how to install the bobbin back in, i've looked on youtube,i read the directions and nothing!!! i just don't get it, it can't be that hard, i'm new to sewing and i'm sure it's hard to explain over the forum but i guess i'm just venting!!! but if anyone could help it would be so much appreciated...siiigh

hugs to you all

shayna
http://chickenladies.blogspot.com/

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  5:45:09 PM  Show Profile
Shayna can you give an age and description of the bobbin holder. The new ones are different from the older ones.
Go to Top of Page

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  5:56:22 PM  Show Profile
it's a kenmore sewing machine, model 15358 and the lady said she bought it a few months ago, it's pretty much brande new from sears
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  6:10:23 PM  Show Profile
I looked it up and it has a vertical bobbin holder. I have always had the horizonal drop in ones. Are you turning the wheel and holding on to the end of the thread comming out of the needle at the same time. It's hard for me to really tell without seeing it. Hopefully someone else here has the same one or one close to it. Talk a little more about it and I bet someone will come to your aid.
Go to Top of Page

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  6:15:46 PM  Show Profile
maybe that's what i'm doing wrong, i put it in and get the thread to come up now but it locks up on me and i've already broken a needle in half...sigh, i'm scared for this poor sewing machine..LOL, if i can't get it then maybe i'll call the quilting shop down the road,she sells sewing machines maybe i can pay her to show me how to thread this properly.
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  6:28:13 PM  Show Profile
The needle could be in wrong. The tension could be off. I'm not sure. I would take it to the quilt shop. The should be able to figure it out.
Sorry, I wish I could help.
Go to Top of Page

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  6:38:20 PM  Show Profile
well thank you for taking the time for my nonsense...LOL, i'll let you know how it works out. i quit for the night.lol

Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  6:41:08 PM  Show Profile
Yes, please let me know. I am curious. I know what you mean about quiting for the night. I can only rack my brain so long with this kind of thing. Don't forget to let me know how you solve it. You are welcome. Its not nonsense..... but it can be very frustrating.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  9:54:43 PM  Show Profile
Make sure the bobbin winder is not slid over to the right on top of the machine if you have that kind..it will lock things up for sure. I have made that mistake.
Is it the sort of bobbin inside the little thing with the pointy thing that goes into sort of a slot thing? You have to pull out the little flappy thing on the outside while putting in into the machine if it is that kind. Gosh..this stuff IS hard to describe.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  08:17:30 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, thank you all for your help and listening to my rant. I got it figured out by 1 am...gosh was i tired, i decided to take a break from it and rant around farmgirl forums and facebook...LOL, it helped cause when i came back to it a few hours later i got it!! i was so tired but couldn't go to bed after i hit the jackpot so i started to sew up some aprons that i had already cut out, well a lovely police officer decides to pull someone over right in front of my house(my house is extremly close to the the road) and i was too busy listening to pay attention(that and i was falling asleep) and royaly messed up my apron...i really do stink at this right now but rome wasn't built in a day and besides, i'm on my way..LOL(that rhymed)

shayna
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  08:27:08 AM  Show Profile
So tell us Shayna, what did you do different to make it work? Sorry you goofed on the apron, hopefully you will be able to fix it too.
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  08:40:15 AM  Show Profile
Shayna, if it is relatively new, you might try getting an instruction manual (if you didn't get one from the lady you purchased it from). You should be able to get one from Sears. There are many uses (as you probably know) for those manuals. I have to refer to mine quite often for different things. I have a very old Sears machine and it is really good, though it has been set by as I use my new Viking.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  08:56:28 AM  Show Profile
The little round thingy..hold on I'll try to look it up in the manual and see what it's called. Okay I looked it up, it's the shuttle hook, actually it's the round piece that goes with the shuttle hook, anyhow i was putting it in backwards, i realized it was like a puzzle and then from there i was able to take the knowledge from the youtube videos i watched (FYI: don't watch the instruction videos with the older gentleman, he's confusing and talks way too much and not about sewing) and was able to get her up and running, I'm going to take a few pictures and post it on my blog in case any other farmgirl starting out has the same problem I had, I'm also going to my local quilt shop tonight downtown, it's 5 dollars on Wednesdays for an hour class and they'll show me everything i need to know and she said to bring my projects with me. It's a good thing that quilt shop and a very nice lady as well!!

Shayna
Gardiner,Maine

http://chickenladies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic How to install bobbin in Kenmore machine Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page