Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Remember how I was trying to be nice and help...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Remember how I was trying to be nice and help... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  10:30:57 AM  Show Profile
someone out with buying our 5th wheel??

Welp, it has come back to bite me big time. Finally, it is down to 'only' $800 that they owe us but it has been a battle. Now, every time I speak to her, there is a complaint about the trailer and I'm starting to get the feeling that she wants to take some $$ off cuz she's had to fix some things.

I sold the trailer 'as is, where is' and she said she understood that, also written down in contract, which she signed.

Never again will I sell something over time. Either they have the money or they don't get the product. You would have thought I'd have learned my lesson with selling horses (that I KNOW not to do, selling horses on time, with certain exclusions) but we thought we'd help them out and we get to sell the trailer so we could move.

Sheesh! It's been a pain in the neck all the way. Never again.

*This is a vent post, BTW!*

Winona

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  10:35:33 AM  Show Profile
Winona, you know what they say about hindsight? Well, I don't either but you probably won't make THAT mistake again, unless you have another 5th wheel to sell. Sorry things didn't go smooth and as planned. I guess we just can't trust anyone these days.

It's OK to vent. Hope it made you feel better.

Belle
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  10:46:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh Man!! -- we had a similar thing happen when we sold a riding lawnmower..an old man bought it & knew it needed work, but he said he'd make the repairs. No problem.

He kept the mower, got it to run and had it for about 6 months I think. He was in poor health, and figured that the mower would keep his yardwork to a minimum so it'd be "one less thing to mess with" -- Well, he passed away I think about 9 months after he bought the mower, and this lady shows up, telling us she was his "care-taker" and claimed that the mower caused him to get sick, and eventually gave him heart trouble. Stood in our driveway ranting about how we knew "it'd end up killing him.."

We just sorta felt numb, and the lady eventually left, still mumbling about how "you killed him, you know!!" -- We never saw the lady again, never heard from any family or lawyers..just one ranting woman. Weird. So since then, we've been very careful when selling anything to anybody -- Making sure there is a contract is the key, and we look back now and wonder if a contract would've been the thing to do. But it was a used machine...so who knows.

Sorry all this is happening to you. Makes you second guess what you've done. An' all you wanted to do was be the nice guy...

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  3:47:57 PM  Show Profile
Lauri, I know, there are some strange beings out there. Your story reminds me, for some odd reason, of the time I called about a house for rent out in the country. The lady who answered screamed at me, and I pretty well quote, "Quit calling! I've told you 6 times that's it's rented! Don't call again!!".

Hello??

My point is that in her mind, and probably 'your' lady also, somehow we're responsible instead of thinking it thru! Egads!!

Winona :-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  3:50:55 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bellepepper

Winona, you know what they say about hindsight? Well, I don't either but you probably won't make THAT mistake again, unless you have another 5th wheel to sell. Sorry things didn't go smooth and as planned. I guess we just can't trust anyone these days.

It's OK to vent. Hope it made you feel better.

Belle

I quoted you cuz I also wanted to answer your post. Well, there really may be a time. More likely a horse trailer than a 5th wheel! But we do sell stuff now and again. I'm out of practice and wanted to be 'nice' and where, oh where, does it get me? hehehe...

Winona

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  4:19:00 PM  Show Profile
Winona:
Sometimes when one tries so hard to be nice, goes out of the way, it eventually bites you in the butt. Vent away.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  4:42:01 PM  Show Profile
You know that new Billy Currington song: "God is great, Beer is good, and people are crazy." Well, God IS great; but I thing beer is gross, actually. But, people are Crazy, for sure!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Remember how I was trying to be nice and help... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page