Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  1:22:36 PM  Show Profile
One of the fun things about expecting babies, for me, has been the interesting cravings that arise.
This time around it seems like I can't get enough Orange Juice, and I love anything Hearty: Thick hamburgers, mashed potatoes, pancakes.--Stick to your ribs sort of things! :)

What cravings did you have when you were expecting?? :)

hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  2:30:20 PM  Show Profile
Salsa and the hotter the better! I could not eat anything hot before then.
Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  2:38:26 PM  Show Profile
With the boys I craved red meat, spicy things, carb rich things like potatoes.

With my daughter it was all fruits and vegetables. It was hard to eat any meat (red or otherwise), it turned my stomach.

Maybe with all those protein cravings you're having a boy!

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  2:42:43 PM  Show Profile
I have never been much of a soda drinker, even when I was a kid, but when I was pregnant with my first, I could not get enough " Strawberry Nesbitts soda " , I don't know if they even make it anymore, lol, hes 35 now. My next three, it was peaches, and everyone said I was going to turn into one, that is why I have 25 peach trees planted here.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  4:49:23 PM  Show Profile
lol..I would love to be craving hot spicy foods. Every little thing gives me heartburn. I'm afraid to look at things with red sauce on/in them. :P

I have never heard of Nesbitts, Teresa, but Strawberry soda sounds HEAVENLY!! hehe

hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  6:07:21 PM  Show Profile
I'm with AnneMarie. With my boys it was meats, and veggies. FOOD!! With my girls it is sweets and fruits. This baby has been primarily watermelon! I just can't get enough of it!! I will say with this baby I've been liking my lemonade too!!
Make sure your getting enough calcium. I have had terrible heartburn with all 4 pregnancies and taking liquid calcium helps with the heartburn and my mood. It is also a natural pain killer and has been a big help with my vericose veins and those really annoying stretching ligaments!!!
Are you feeling better now? I was just thinking of you the other day!
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  6:11:42 PM  Show Profile
With my son it was lemons and tomatoes and with my daughter Rueben sandwiches at midnight.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  6:35:14 PM  Show Profile
Misty-- I am feeling alot better now. I am officially in my 12th week and the morning sickness (keeping my fingers crossed)is down to once or twice the week. YAY!!
We went in last Friday for my first prenatal checkup and was able to hear the baby's heartbeat. :D Tori and Levi were allowed in for that part too and they were pretty excited!
The UTI has cleared up. Never ever ever again do I want to go through one that bad if I can help it. I thought it was going to be the complete loss of my sanity.
Thank goodness, the bad times pass and onto the fun stuff.- The anticipation, the naming, the sewing, the drs appts...lol
My next appt is Aug 18th. :) Thanks for asking!

Kathy-- Mom and I go to this one restaurant that makes the most awesome Rueben sandwiches. I could eat those in my sleep too. However, they don't always agree with my tummy so I have to be good and resist temptation. :D I think I would have to be sick to get out of bed at midnight though...lol. This girlie loves her sweet nighttime sleep a little much..hehe

hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  8:28:27 PM  Show Profile
I have 7 kids, but only 2 are mine by birth...when I was pregnant with them it was fried foods..mostly shrimp and hashbrowns (fresh only) with the first one...on our budget the shrimp didn't happen often but the hash browns did. With the second one it was fresh oranges sliced up in a bowl. I wanted them all the time. Problem was that it was winter in Minnesota and I lived 27 miles from a small grocery store...way out in the boonies. sigh. But I did gain less weight with that one!!
Hey Jessie...the package came today..and I love it all! Thanks so so much!! You are a doll!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  11:08:05 PM  Show Profile
with my first child it was sweet tea with lots and lots of fresh lemon slices.

with my second I suddenly and fiercely wanted guacamole and salsa...and I had never eaten guacamole prior to that pregnancy either..that was rather a strange craving but the only thing I could think of one day was I have got to get some guacamole and salsa!..and now!..so my hubby went to the closest Authentic Resturaunt nearby and just as they were getting ready to close..ha..he hurriedly told the guy..I need a big container of guacamole and now!my wife is having pregnancy cravings! LOL (that kid likes salsa too by the way..ha..and is my big veggie eater in the family..he loves tomatoes fresh from the vine and will eat tomatoes like crazy)

and for my last child I had cravings for orange marmalade.One morning I woke up and all's I could think of was I have got to get some orange marmalade on toast.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  05:31:35 AM  Show Profile
Misty and I had the same craving--watermelon. That's how I just knew she was having a little girl!!! I could sit down and eat a whole watermelon on my own! And, this restaurant on UC's campus has the best soup called Thai Pumpkin and I ate that almost every other day...full flavored and spicy!

I also craved Italian food---about two times a week, I would head over to Pompillio's (where they filmed a bit of the movie Rainman) and ate spaghetti and meatballs. There sauce is the best...the servers are all elderly gals, and they were so nice to me. They always ask about the baby now (but I've since cut my visits down to once a month or so :))....

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  06:21:03 AM  Show Profile
When I was pregnant with both of my children I craved blue slushies?! LOL With my son, I couldn't even stand the thought of MEAT...would gag at the mention of the word "burger" even. With my daughter, I craved red meat...I wanted STEAK! Poor hubby was known to grill steak at 2am if necessary! LOL! With both, I ate a ton of fresh veggies, and unusual salad combinations! How fun to read what others crave(d)!

--June
Farmgirl #545
www.RubyJunes.com
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  07:48:29 AM  Show Profile
I am a "spice wuss", so was quite surprised when I craved hot peppers with both of my pregnancies! I would sit with a jar of peppers and a box of club crackers and munch away. Actually, I didn't know I was pregnant the second time (even though we were trying) and I started craving peppers...I told my husband about the craving and sure enough, I was expecting again. Don't like peppers now though. The smell of meat cooking and onions cooking made me ill. I would come home from work and DH would be cooking venison and onions...I didn't have the heart to tell him I couldn't stomach them!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  07:51:37 AM  Show Profile
I didn't have any smell aversions, which was odd, but I did have that super cool sense of smell, and I just thought that was the coolest!

Oh, I forgot olives. I would sit with a jar of regular old olives (with the pimento) in front of the tv and pop them like candy, much to my husband's chagrin. I also ate ice cream every night---and sometimes during the day and then AGAIN at night. It's a wonder I only gained 22 lbs. with Violet!

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  08:10:25 AM  Show Profile
lol...ice cream is soooo my downfall this go round. I can't seem to get enough. I eat some in the afternoon after lunch with the kids, then some before dinner, and then before I go to bed at night. Not everyday, but oh my goodness, I would if I could!

I can't do the green olives (heartburn) but boy I could the black ones all day long. I find sweet pickles another yummy this go round. I can't eat right out of the jar though, because the kids want to help and that diaper is nothing this nose wants to smell later...BLEK!!

Smells are really pugnant, but I haven't found against me yet. I smell everything twice I normally would. Its driving Hubby bananas because I want to clean around him to get rid of any smells I don't think are just right...hehe

hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  08:26:50 AM  Show Profile
That's so funny, Jessie. That's how I knew something was "up"...I would crave ice cream on my lunch hour, and then after work, I would head right back over the the Sweet Tooth Candy and Ice Cream parlor and get some more, like I'd never even been there 3 hours earlier. Like, literally every day for a week I did this and thought, "perhaps you should take a test!" And then, I just ate ice cream like that because I could :)

Peanut butter, too. I ate a lot of peanut butter. The only thing that got to me was my husband's clothes from the restaurant. Because my sense of smell was so strong, I got a whif of all sorts of "kitchen" smells from his jeans and shirt and made him change his clothes as soon as he got home, otherwise he would "contaminate" the couch for the remainder of the night!

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  09:30:29 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I craved fast food...which I usually never eat. I couldn't get enough of McDonald's cheeseburgers. Had to have them 3x a week for about 4 months. Then it was over. I also craved green smoothies...made with spinach, fruit, agave nectar and some water. Even weirder!!! : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  4:47:03 PM  Show Profile
Let's see with Layton, I wanted Taco Bell Nachos, pizza and a lot of fruit! With Timber all I wanted was sweets, cake, cookies, pie, anything! This baby has been different though. I don't have a ton of huge cravings. Although I knew I was preggo one morning when I woke up and saw an ad in the junk mail for a Jack In the Box breakfast sandwich and thought, "mmmmmmmm, that sounds sooooooooo good." yuck. I don't even like fast food breakfast. That was a sure sign! :)

my blog www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
handmade quilts on etsy www.mountainhomequilts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Cravings?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page