Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 My Windows Are Open!! Now They're Shut!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic My Windows Are Open!! Now They're Shut! Next Topic  

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  07:52:48 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday was simply beautiful here. Nice and cool with little wispy clouds floating across the bright blue sky. Just wonderful. There was a nice breeze blowing through the trees.

I sat under the tree in the yard and wrote letters all morning. It was so peaceful. Such a nice day. Not humid at all, either. I just could not have asked for a better day in the middle of July. I never even sweat a drop! What a day.

So last night got down to 58 degrees. I turned the AC off and threw open all the windows. They are all still open now at almost 11:00 in the morning. Wow. So nice.

So I am just thanking the Lord for this great weather and the nice break from the heat we've had lately here. I sure hope everyone else is having some nice weather in your neck of the woods. I know some of you are having some strange happenings in your area.

Have a great day wherever you are!

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Jul 23 2009 3:14:26 PM

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  09:42:41 AM  Show Profile
I did the same thing, Kris!! My house has been open since Friday and I am in heaven. I hung out clothes yesterday, raked the chicken pen, swept the back deck and didn't break a sweat. What a treat for our normally oppressive July. I am very grateful.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  09:58:17 AM  Show Profile
I am really loving this. I am so glad you are having a good time, too, Karin.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  4:57:56 PM  Show Profile
Kristin:
Last night we got a little cooler here. But today it's back up to 98 degrees. Hot!!!!! Happy you are enjoying the coolish weather.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  6:02:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Marly. I still have the windows open! It's 9:00 here. Too nice.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  12:45:27 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad that you are having nice cool weather. I remember living in the midwest and having to endure the heat and humidity. It was always such a blessing to be able to turn off the AC and open the windows! Living in the western part of WA we have cooler weather in the summer and very little humidity. But it has been so very hot here this past week and going to be near 100 next week. I'll be glad for a break from the heat when this spell is over.

The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  05:14:48 AM  Show Profile
Kay, that must be torture for you to get that hot there. I never thought it got up that high out there. I do hope you get your break soon.

It was almost really cold this morning. I just love it! Kind of fallish feeling. Makes me think of getting ready for winter.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  05:31:03 AM  Show Profile
I am lovin this cooler weather too girls just wish it would stay this way!
Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  05:31:58 AM  Show Profile
What a difference between states. I'm so glad you can open your windows for a while, Living where I do I open them in the spring and they stay open until late fall. We have ceiling fans but no central Air. A hot day would be in the 80's. I have family in S.C. and Atlanta. Well leave them open as long as you can and enjoy. At least you don't have snow by the feet come winter.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  07:25:31 AM  Show Profile
They are still open and it's Wednesday! I almost shut them all and turned the AC back on yesterday. It was 79 in the house but cooler outside. But I didn't. So 4 days without AC in July. This is a first for me. It's starting to sprinkle here. Cloudy and cool. Perfect garden picking weather. So off I go!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  07:35:16 AM  Show Profile
Hey how come you get sprinkles and I dont no fair! lol

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  07:45:40 AM  Show Profile
Isn't it just wonderful?!

I woke this morning to a lovely, cool breeze floating across our bed. It was heavenly! The air was absolutely the freshest, with little birds chirping happily in the background. Ahhhh...

I'm hoping for a long, long Indian Summer,
Joyce
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  12:43:29 PM  Show Profile
Karen, it was only a few drops and I kept them all! Sorry. It did feel good picking beans in the sprinkly rain, though.

I finally broke down and turned the AC back on. I waited til last night. I didn't want to. My DD turned it on for me and shut all the windows while I was out milking. She had it on 71. It was 79 inside. I turned it back up to 76. I told her it would take forever to get it to 71. She of course had no clue. Anyway, I woke up sometime during the night and heard the fan running but the motor outside wasn't running. I checked the thermostat and it wasn't on. SO I turned it off and it kept running. I thought it might be broken. But then I looked and she had turned the fan to ON instead of auto. Another "she has no clue" moment. So all the little bit of money I saved for 4 days is all gone now. Oh well.

But it's still not really hot out. It's great in the shade.

Joyce, that sounds like such a great way to wake up. I love it.

Ya'll have a great day! Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  2:33:05 PM  Show Profile
Kris, we got a small sprinkle earlier today and it is thundering again so I sure hope we get more my poor veggies need the water. Boy I understand about kids mine are always leaving lights and fans on when they leave I tell them all the time if they were paying the bills they wouldnt leave them on but it does no good. Maybe you still saved some money after the ac being off for 4 dys.I sure hope so! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  5:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Having moved from 107 TX to barely 80 TN....wow..what a difference. It got down to 56 and I just about put my parka on!! HA!!

Heather

Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic My Windows Are Open!! Now They're Shut! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page