Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  11:58:20 AM  Show Profile
Help!!!!
I forgot to take out my lip balm from my jean pocket which went through the washer and now the dryer. There is melted wax all over the dried clothes. Any suggestions to how I get this off. The whole tub of balm melted and is even inside the dryer drum.

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  12:34:07 PM  Show Profile
Use Rags and just keep running them through when it is hot wipe off the excess. The clothes I had to scrub everything with Fels Naptha a bar of soap that is well kinda magical. And reapeated washing in the hottest water you can manage.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  2:25:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I agree with Diana. That is so disheartening, Marly! I hope it all come out. Hopefully it wasn't the pink kind?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  2:57:48 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Diana and Alee. It was the pink color! I've spent an hour and a half trying to get that wax out of my dryer drum. Got most of it. Did I mention it is a brand new dryer. I'm at the laughing point now. The clothes are ruined, I think. But I do have them washing again in super hot water. I'm crossing my fingers. Hopefully that will do the job. I'll just have to live with pinkish towels, wash rags, unders, etc... for a while. LOL
Thanks again for the help.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic WAX in dryer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page