Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  05:51:58 AM  Show Profile
I have number 1 and would like any other number. I just love reading about these mountain people. You just can't get more down to earth and real. Will barter or buy them.
Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  06:41:39 AM  Show Profile
hey melody...I know what you mean!! My parents raised us doing the maountain man thing!! We were alsways rendezvous bound...we even lived in our teepee for 8 months when the oil field went bust and my parents lost their jobs and house...my sister and I LOVED it!!! My parents had all of the Foxfire books when I was growing up, but I don't have a clue what happened to them since the divorce...My husbands parents also did the pre 1840 reinactments and had a teepee, brain tanned their hides, the whole 9 yards....and I know my FIL has the Foxfire series, but he ain't givin' them up yet!....LOL..Sterling and I STILL rendezvous to this day, and are raising our kids in it, and they LOVE it...we actually bought a teepee last year, but still have our wall tent too....Anyhow, I could go on for days talking about this, but I won't bore ya!!!...lol....I SO wish that I could help you out with the books!! But if someone on here doesn't end up getting them to you, I'll keep my eyes open at garage sales and thrifts....that is how a friend of mine aquired all of hers!! Good LUck!!!

http://cockadoodledewberries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  07:51:17 AM  Show Profile
Hello!

I have two copies of the same Foxfire books, but I cant tell which number they are on the cover it says:

hog dressing, log cabin building, mountain crafts and foods, planting by the signs, snake lore, hunting tales, faith healing, moonshining, and other affairs of plain living? Do you have that one?

Melody
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  08:34:03 AM  Show Profile
Melody,
Yes, calling someone else Melody is odd to do. Like talking to myself, now I feel like I'm writing to myself. LOL
You have #1, even though it has no number. They did not know it would do so well when they did it. That's why all after that is just 2,3 and so forth. If I'm correct they have done 11 so far.
Smiles, Melody June
PS the one you have is a REALLLLLLY good one.

Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  09:00:49 AM  Show Profile
Melody in Michigan, I would love to barter with you for one of your copies of the Foxfire books. What do you like or want? If you want to email me to work it out please do.

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  06:08:34 AM  Show Profile
Melody June......Cabinprincess,
I did not realize that you are just up the road from me. I live in Tyler.....and my little old mama lives in Chandler, so I'm out that way often.
Glad to have a FarmGirl so close.

Kate

P.S. At least 35 years ago I bought my now ex brother in law a set of two of the Fox Fire books. At the time it was called "The Fox Fire Collection"....and there were only two. Funny, but just the other day I was thinking about Fox Fire, and wishing I had those two books. I had no idea there were so many more now. Now I'm going to have to start myself a collection.

Ciao again,
Kate

Heart of Texas
Chapter
AKA: Hot Farmgirl #234
http://quintessentialkate.blogspot.com

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  06:32:07 AM  Show Profile
HIIII Kate,
I'm so glad to find someone so close. Kelly ie farmmommy is by Grice, and Sharlot ie peapicker is west of me. I've started a Chapter over here, well in name only so far. Sharlot and Kelly are going to do lunch and brain storm getting this thing started.
I'll keep you posted if you'd like.
Smiles, Melody June
I'm up your ways to the quilt shops and Gander Mountain.

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  09:23:52 AM  Show Profile
I love the foxfire books! Be sure to look for the cookbook too..it is wonderful! I wish I had some extras for you.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Wanting Foxfire Books Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page