goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  08:02:36 AM  Show Profile
The strangest thing happened the other day and it's been in the back of my mind. Just had to let it out somewhere...

My hubs oldest daughter called and said she wanted to reconnect with her 'father', not dad but father. I've never heard her call him 'father', always 'dad'. She wanted to talk to him on the phone. Since she never wants to talk to me, I just said sure and thought that hubs was in the shower but I would sure tell him she called.

She said sure and that she wanted to reconnect. I thought it a bit odd that she repeated that word. Okay by me, I said.

So hubs got out of the shower and I told him she called. A bit later he called her and went outside to talk. This is normal to sit on the porch and talk on the phone, doesn't matter who the phone call is to from.

A bit later, he hung up and came inside. The first thing he asked me was what was said between she and I. I said she asked to talk to her father and I said he was in the shower and she said she'd call back. Nothing more.

Get this...he asked again, was there anything ELSE that was said....??? I looked at him kinda like he had two heads and said no, she just wanted to talk to him and I said he was in the shower.

A bit later, he asked the same thing, like 'anything else??'. Nope, on my part.

I now do believe that his family HAS been setting me up for years on purpose cuz this is true to form for these years.

He just knows now that I won't put up with them and their ways and don't bother jumping on me for saying something wrong.

Just had to let this out... Thanks for reading!!

Winona

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  08:07:10 AM  Show Profile
I am sorry Winona. I just don't understand people and why they have to meddle to much. I hear of this sort of thing so often and have experienced it myself. Just hang in there and be tough.
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  08:31:21 AM  Show Profile
Winona get caller ID and an answering machine when it is a prson you don't want to talk to don't.

My DH daughter is a royal pain and I have taken to this method and it realy realy works.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  10:14:28 AM  Show Profile
Winona:
Sorry you had to experience that phone call. Like Sharlet, I've experienced this sort of thing in the past. The best thing I've ever done is to put it in God's hands. I agree with Diana, get a caller ID. That way no one can put words in your mouth! Take care. We are always hear for you to vent.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  11:53:25 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the support. Well, finally, hubby has learned, the hard way, that I don't lie and he knows that other than his family, I don't put up with inane people. I've put up with them cuz of him but back when I started figgering out what they were doing, he wouldn't believe me. Just couldn't. Now, he knows my reactions to people I can't stand (just people we meet) so now, after many a fight, he knows when I react badly to someone, it's something they've probably done and I want nothing of it.

That's why he didin't pursue finding out what was said, which was nothing on my end, and was kind of perplexed that I wasn't having a cow over something his daughter had said to me. Follow all that??

This isn't the only one of his family who has done similiar, it's just that it's finally proving out that they play games with the women in his life and he has taken the wrong side too many times, usually against his wife/girlfriend. All cuz they can't stand having some other female in his life besides them.

I don't play games nor do I put with those games. So, it works well for me to live on this side of the huge mountains and leave them to stew.

Winona ;-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Avoided a 'snookering'... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page