Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Here's One for all you Little House Lovers!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Here's One for all you Little House Lovers! Next Topic  

Nigella
True Blue Farmgirl

386 Posts

Nigella
Chimacum WA
USA
386 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  5:19:26 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone else read Don and Myrtle Holm's book 'Wholesome Country Cooking'? It is my new favorite cookbook and makes a wonderful read!! Don has lots of well told stories about his childhood growing up on a farm. This seems to be a rather little known book (I've seen copies sold on Ebay for a dollar!) and I'm here to spread the word!

Need more?!? Their book 'The Complete Sourdough Cookbook' is equally wonderful and sooooo inspiring! So many wonderful things to do with your sourdough starter! I made the banana bread recipe from this book which calls for vanilla or orange rind (I put in both!)very very yummy! They have two other books also, one on Dutchoven cooking, and one on smoking, curing, and drying. Check them out!

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  6:34:46 PM  Show Profile
Very cool - Thanks Nigella!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  6:53:19 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Nigella...I will be looking for both of those! They sound great!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Here's One for all you Little House Lovers! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page