Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 The baby Swallows are gone...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic The baby Swallows are gone... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  07:51:49 AM  Show Profile
We had some Tree Swallows that moved into our birdhouse and now the babies have flown the coop. I miss them. Also, we had a couple of Barn Swallows move into my horse trailer (of all things) and build a nest on the wall. The trailer is being repaired and if I need a trailer, I use the ranch's so they are safe.

I thought that maybe the Barn Swallows were really gone but yesterday one flew in and went to the nest. I don't see any babies though.

The Tree Swallows, we named the parents Lucy and Desi were the cutest things. I have video but am on dial-up now and it takes a long time to upload but they sure are cute.

Next year, we're going to put up 2 more birdhouses so we can watch them.

Winona

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  08:07:46 AM  Show Profile
Winona, we are big bird watchers here too. Hopefully you'll have more babies soon.
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  8:08:20 PM  Show Profile
I liked watching the barn swallows nest in the chicken coop - the babies have bright yellow inside mouth-parts - kind of awesome, I thought. Lucky you to have them, they eat lots of bugs!
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic The baby Swallows are gone... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page