Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Greek Roasted Potato Salad Next Topic  

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  12:04:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
Hi there~

I just had to share how delighted I was with this recipe! That June-July issue was chock full of good stuff, but a lot of went through one ear and out the other by the time I had put it on the shelf. When we decided this past weekend to do a big grilling day, our menu included chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese and sundried tomatoes. I sudddenly (and uncharacteristically) remembered about this salad and knew instinctively that it would go perfectly. It did!

One thing was that next time I will back the cooking time off on baking those potatoes. At full baking instructions, even removed from heat immediately, a lot of it was too soft to stay on the skewer. But I will adapt and make this again! Hubby has stated I should now bring it to every picnic and BBQ we are invited to LOL!

~April
http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/

Edited by - CalicoCat on Jul 08 2009 12:06:06 PM

Mamarude
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Anna
Durango Colorado
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  07:10:55 AM  Show Profile
I second that! I've made it for a family barbeque, and a potluck at our church campout, and it was a hot item, it went fast! I put the magazine beside the dish, and so many people were thrilled to make a copy of the recipe! The Outpost book also has additional recipes for variations on that potato salad, it's now our favorite one!
Cherian
Durango farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  08:45:39 AM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
What a fabulous idea to have the magazine right there! I'll have to remember that. :D

~April
http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Greek Roasted Potato Salad Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page