Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 Just wondering about the BBB? Any posts out there?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Just wondering about the BBB? Any posts out there? Next Topic  

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  08:35:43 AM  Show Profile
Wondering about the BBB, can't wait to see pictures and hear about all the activities! Wish i was there, Maybe next time!

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  3:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
You have to wait until we all get some rest, lol, then we'll post pic and stuff, right now I know I'm running on fumes, lol.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  4:38:59 PM  Show Profile
I bet you are! read a little over on across the fence!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  9:44:24 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kelly, Here is a taste from this farmgirl.

Friday night was the reception gala. First stop for me was MJ's new store. My goal this weekend was to buy a whole new bed set for my new house. I walked into the store and was in hog heaven! Sue and Natalie, who were the farmgirls behind the counter were so sweet, and Sue was so helpful and had just as much fun helping me find what I wanted as if she were taking it all home. She told me to post pictures, which I will try to do once I move in and get settled. Anyway, the store was wonderful!

We walked around and meet some of the farmgirls. The first were, Deeredawn, who is a kick in the pants, Farmall Chick and Contrary Wife. We had them sign our Farm Fair Journals, we made, they were all so nice. We later meet Rene', who is a Peach by the way! Megan and sweet Stella, and later The Queen Bee herself kindly signed our journals. The food was ever so good! Ever have cheese rubbed in espresso powder and lavander? O my giddy aunt!!!!

Saturday on the Official BBB, was a hoot! 6 small, rural towns, opened their arms to us all. It was great! Shop till ya drop has a whole new spin on it! Quilt shops, tons of antique shops, a beautiful garden to tour, kind people, and a wonderful, though to short, visit with some friends I hadn't seen in over 6 years, love ya C and G! My favorite stop was a roadside lemonade stand. Fresh Huckelberry Lemonade! It was sooo good! I will be making some of that myself! Who'da thunk?
Then there was the old flour mill. The craftsmanship of that building! I wish I had taken more pictures, it was magnificant! I would love to see a big spread in MJF Magazine with lots of pictures so you can all see. It was really something!

Sunday we were at Settler's Farm. It is beautiful, with a gorgeous ampitheater. The table were all decorated by some of the farmgirl chapters, well done to you all! Our table had a bundles of fresh lavander that we got to take with us, Thanks Katmom!
Organic beef kabobs, corn on the cob, fresh fruit, organic cheese and strawberry shortcake. Mmmmm!

We had a couple who farm for Organic Valley speak, A gal with Slow Foods, very informative! Rene' spoke, did I mention she's a Peach! And then of course our own, Maryjane spoke encouraging us to cultivate the "acre" within us. It was a great ending to a super weekend.

One of the things that impressed me the most was just how normal Maryjane's seems to be. She meandered just like everyone else. She was truly one of us. So often when there is an event of some kind, the icon of the event makes some grand finale entrance gives their speech, and isn't seen again. I thought it was just cool that MaryJane was apart of the a whole weekend. Thanks, MaryJane!

For me personally, this was truly an empowering weekend. I have never gone on a trip like this, with a friend, leaving family at home. It was good for me. I am not by nature an outgoing, really confident gal. I tend to stay in the background, content to watch. I was truly ok with being in a supportive role as wife, mom and pastor's wife for 27 & 1/2 years. But after my hubby passed away in December, every aspect of my life changed. 2 of those 3 roles changed, forever. Now everything, all decisions, paperwork, providing of income, all became my responsibilty now. How was I to do it all? It isn't in my make-up do be like that. Shortly after my hubby died, I was looking at my MJ farm magazine, with the first farm fair info. At that moment, I decided to go. July 4th would be my 28th anniversary, but this year with one to share it with. I didn't want to do the usual family festivities, I wanted to do something totally different. This was it. But it was so out of the box for me. I am so glad I went, it was a very empowering weekend for me, seeing all the others there having the same intent, being with a dear friend who supported me all along, my precious girls calling me to cheer me on. I did it and I am proud of myself and know that as I told MaryJane, 'this is a stamp in my passort for my new journey ahead'. I can do it and being with all you other farmgirls, gave me, though you didn't know it, a boost of confidence and I thank you. My God is faithful and meets me at every turn. I am glad I got to spend this bend in the road with all of you learning, playing and being refreshed and strengthened. It was a tremendous weekend!!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  10:16:24 PM  Show Profile
What an amazing and inspiring story. YOUR story as good as the farm fair.
Here's to bright days and good times in your future.
LaVonna

www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com

http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  04:46:34 AM  Show Profile
Julia,
Thank you for the nice report on the goings on. So glad that you decided to go. We should all make such grand decisions and just go for it.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  10:41:00 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  07:18:03 AM  Show Profile
Julia I am so proud of you. How I wish I could have been there but for now I will just have to be content to look at your pictures. Not only do you do wonderful work butI love to read the things you write

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  09:42:27 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Miss Wilma, So day I would love to sit at your feet and watch your nimble fingers fly. I love your handywork!

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  12:43:16 PM  Show Profile
Julia
I loved reading your post... Now tell me about this cheese with espresso & lavender.. What kind of cheese was it?? THat sounds wicked good!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  3:21:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Lisa! The cheese was incredible!!! It is called Barely Buzzed and is made in Utah, at Beehive Creamery. It was a white cheese, not sure what kind though. It really was good. Neither flavors overpowered the other, a nice blend. Yummm!

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  4:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Julia,
Thank You so much.. and by the way, "I love peaches" LOL. I cant tell you what your summary means to me personally. Your description is just the way, my heart meant it. Thanks for see that! :)

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/RFBlog/
www.twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  09:33:52 AM  Show Profile
Your welcome Rene', the description was only becouse of the farmgirl heart and spirit that surrounded the weekend. It takes the whole farm to make the farmgirl.

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  09:49:24 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Julia, for such a vivid description of the weekend and especially your weekend. How neat that you decided to do something so out of your comfort zone. Good for you. I am so happy you had a great time. You'll carry this time in your heart forever now. Good for you. I can't wait to see your pictures soon.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  3:05:56 PM  Show Profile
Oh Julia!! I found the website for that cheese & I could LITERALLY spend a few thousand dollars on cheese. I LOVE CHEESE (as is clearly demonstrated by by hips, gut, & other round parts)
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  8:49:18 PM  Show Profile
Pictures... as I am staying with my sis right now till I can move into my new house, it will be awhile before can get to it, my camera software isn't the same as my sisters.

Lisa, I love 'fromage' as well, I am glad you found the website. I heard that it was found in Seattle, I am going to town tomorrow and was told to check out the cheese section at a certian grocery store, O if I could get a bit of that cheese!!!

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic Just wondering about the BBB? Any posts out there? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page