Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 How far, in hours, are you from MJF?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic How far, in hours, are you from MJF? Next Topic
Page: of 2

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  09:54:25 AM  Show Profile
Ok farmgirls, I am 13 hours and 30 minutes, 699.59 miles. Whew! It would be a FUN road trip! Maybe someday, it's on my longterm list of things 'to do'.

I love driving, it's one of my favorite things to do. It is so relaxing to me. So going to MaryJane's would be a dream come true.

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  12:31:09 PM  Show Profile
I'm about 14 hours 27 mins, that's what Google Maps says. Seems like I should be closer, but it'll be nice ride, never been to Idaho.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  12:35:24 PM  Show Profile
Julie, hey thanks for the link I'll be looking for place around our little globe to stay. It looks like we may be going to India next year to teach at a bording school. Through this site we find some other places to stay. Thanks.

Blessed Be

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  4:49:26 PM  Show Profile
Hey Mellissa..you ARE coming to farm fair, right?? I just have to tell you that I use the little self portrait card you sent me awhile back in mail art for a bookmark in my MJ book and my kids always think it is the cutest. I look forward to meeting so many of you gals!!
And Theresa..depending on where you are in Nevada you are welcome to come up through Utah, stay with me and ride with us Utah gals to the farm fair. If you are in northern Nevada I guess it wouldn't work..but just a thought.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  7:40:38 PM  Show Profile
I'm close.....one hour and 15 mintues south of Moscow. Actually a nice drive in most weather...very pretty. And I was at Farm Fair last year.

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  08:07:57 AM  Show Profile
26hrs and 20 min...gosh, that's depressing...
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  08:22:58 AM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny, I want to real bad. I think we're going to be able to make it. I wasn't sure because DH was going to have to take a class during the summer but now that's not going to happen so we're planning on coming. You see I can't wait til next year because I may not be living this close to Idaho again, so we got a do it this year. I'd love to be a vendor, but I don't I can get it together in time.

Also I'm trying to decide whether to wear my favorite apron which is not fancy or pretty at all, it's my painting apron, but it's my favorite and DH thinks I should wear my favorite. Or...Do I make a new pretty one?! Hum....What do ya think?

Blessed Be

Edited by - sqrl on Feb 21 2006 08:37:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  4:44:03 PM  Show Profile
33 hours, 8 minutes - 2238 miles. What is really scary is that I tried it first in Google and it said "could not calculate directions"! I didn't realize it would take so long!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  4:57:26 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Aunt Jenny

Hey Mellissa..you ARE coming to farm fair, right?? I just have to tell you that I use the little self portrait card you sent me awhile back in mail art for a bookmark in my MJ book and my kids always think it is the cutest. I look forward to meeting so many of you gals!!
And Theresa..depending on where you are in Nevada you are welcome to come up through Utah, stay with me and ride with us Utah gals to the farm fair. If you are in northern Nevada I guess it wouldn't work..but just a thought.

Jenny in Utah

Hey Jenny ! I am in Norther Nevada, BUMMER!!! You all are going to have a blast! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Theresa
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  9:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
im 23hrs and 19 min...
my boyfriend and i would like to go out to washington this summer, maybe i can swing by! That would be wonderful!

Edited by - sugarsfarm on Feb 21 2006 9:25:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

primjillie
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Jill
Antelope CA
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  11:39:39 AM  Show Profile
I have a couple questions for those of you who have attended the Farm Fair before and/or live near Moscow. Do you go to the Farm Fair both days? What time does it open and close? Are there any reasonable yet nice hotels nearby? We are thinking of driving up from Sacramento, CA and I have questions. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

pioneerspiritlady
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Teri
Cahone CO
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  09:06:29 AM  Show Profile  Send pioneerspiritlady a Yahoo! Message
Ok, I'm facinated. Can someone tell me exactly what is the Farm Fair???

Smiles
Teri

'If you are standing next to a rattle snake, you do not have an obligation to wait until it bites you before you decide it’s dangerous.'" Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Krisathome
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Kristin
Iowa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  12:32:48 PM  Show Profile
21 super long hours. Don't think my little 1969 Mallard Duckling camper would want to travel that far. Pooh!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic How far, in hours, are you from MJF? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page