Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  5:45:57 PM  Show Profile
I put pictures on my blog just now of my fun afternoon project!! I LOVED this idea...found at our own notquitejunecleaver's website.... www.notquitejunecleaver.com isn't she clever? I had to do it!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4196 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4196 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  04:14:28 AM  Show Profile
That is a really cute idea, and it turned out really nice. Thanks for sharing.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  04:47:35 AM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny, That looks so cute! I'll have to check out notquitejunecleaver for directions.
I also loved your sign. Is that new? Just perfect. And your garden looks terrific!
Take care!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  04:56:32 AM  Show Profile
Soo cute! I'm off to sort out some clay pots and see how many leftover plants I still have here . . .

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  05:43:21 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, that is so pretty. It will look totally different in just a few weeks. I have lots of pots just hanging around here. I should try one.

And your garden is so nice and neat. Puts my mess to shame. Are you harvesting anything yet?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  2:16:46 PM  Show Profile
Jenny,

That is so cute!!! I may just have to try this, our local nursery has herbs and annuals buy one get one free :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  3:01:40 PM  Show Profile
That is adorable! Thanks for sharing. We spent the day at Cantigny Park in Wheaton, IL. This is the former home of Chicago Tribune founder, Robert J. McCormick. They have gorgeous grounds around the mansion. In their "Idea Garden" they have something similar to this. They also made a shoe tree with garden clogs filled with flowers hanging off it. Very cute & creative!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

AuntieM
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Marjorie
Holly Springs NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  5:07:47 PM  Show Profile
What a cute idea! I'm definitely going to try it this week. I have several sizes of pots and some herbs that I bought and never got in the ground. I must have been waiting for a clever idea like this!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  6:43:45 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, gals.
Yes, we are harvesting lettuce, peppers and chard now, and wont' be long for other things. I love this time of year in the garden..we have been able to keep up with the weeds so far and it stays pretty neat...August is always the hardest!!
The sign is really old..I have had it for about 20 years...my best pal in Calif and her husband made it for me for a birthday (my 30th...so it HAS been 20 years!) and it has moved with me..the post getting shorter and shorter..and the red paint on the lettering dissapearing over the years. I LOVE it.
The pot tree was pretty simple...a 6 ft. length of re-bar sunk into the ground about a foot and 1/2 (I used a tee post pounder thing) and then the pots put one at a time over it through the drain holes and filled with soil and planted...just fun after that!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4196 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4196 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  6:57:25 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, I also borrowed your idea of the cd's to keep birds away. I hung four in my cherry tree to see if it helps keep the robins out. They are just starting to ripen. I won't have alot of cherries this year, but wanted to see if the idea worked. My husband took a pruning class this spring. Well you can only guess what most of our fruit trees look like!! The cherry tree acutally looks the best of them all!

thanks Michele
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  9:36:08 PM  Show Profile
So far it is working great at our place...our little strawberry plant is cranking out the berries and we are getting every one. I just planted more in my crooked pot tree and I am excited that we will get THOSE too. The boyenberries are ripening with no sign of bird damage either!! I bet it will work too...a cherry tree would be awesome!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  3:41:23 PM  Show Profile
Loved, loved, loved this idea and so I could not wait to make one myself! I planted three different types of coleus in the bottom two, along with coneflower in the 2nd and 3rd, lemon balm in the 3rd, and lavender and Greek oregano in the top pot. You can bet I'll know what to do for Mother's Day next year! And when things start to outgrow their little "highrise" home, you can just transplant them! Thank you so much, Jenny, for this pretty garden idea!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic What I did this afternoon Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page