Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 Farm Fair underway!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Farm Fair underway!!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  10:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
We are just finishing up a GREAT evening of farmgirl fun at the MaryJanesFarm Store in Coeur d Alene, Idaho. Farmgirls galore! What a BLAST! Big Band Music, Three bite burgers, Plum cobbler, and MaryJane. The fun continues in the morning as we meet at Rockford, WA at 10:00 am and buggy down the Palouse. We will post pictures soon.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/RFBlog/
www.twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  11:03:39 PM  Show Profile
It was so much fun!!! GREAT to meet you in person Rene!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  11:06:57 PM  Show Profile
I know being insanely jealous is not nice. But I am. Have fun gals!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  11:17:15 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Aunt Jenny

I know being insanely jealous is not nice. But I am. Have fun gals!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Yeah, me too

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  11:20:30 PM  Show Profile
Me three!
Hope you all have a blast and come home with some wonderful memories.
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  03:48:43 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait to hear more! Wish I were there!
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  05:38:16 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
It is 5:30 AM here on the Palouse~ it is supose to be HOT as a fire cracker on the Ole' Palouse today~ I am preparing to head to Oakesdale to assist the vendor's setting up. Mill tours will be going on today at the Old mill... and yesterday, I stopped and visited with the different communities and stop along the route. BOY everyone is so excited and so READY for today... What fun!!! I have my camera and will snap alot of pictures. Wish you were all here.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/RFBlog/
www.twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  05:47:03 AM  Show Profile
I'm with you jealous gals...

Looking forward to seeing all the pics, hearing all the fun stories!

--June
Farmgirl #545
www.RubyJunes.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  06:24:43 AM  Show Profile
I'm jealous too! I dont think we should be ashamed!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  08:08:46 AM  Show Profile
oH dear, I should be there and not here!!

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bevibrant
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Kayla
Potlatch IDAHO
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  09:10:38 AM  Show Profile
So, what happens when you get to Palouse? What time do you think you'll be there?

Kayla Howard
Farmgirl Sister #588
www.bevibrant.us
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  09:28:36 AM  Show Profile
I hope everyone who was fortunate enough to attend has a wonderful time and that you all take LOTS of pictures to share with us!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  12:34:38 PM  Show Profile
Have fun everyone. We're staying inside today...it is my hubby's birthday and he gets to pick what we do...he wanted to stay at home and do Nothin! We didn't even go to the parade, which is a tradition.
But at least we will not be sweatin' or brains out!
Lookin' forward to the pics.

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/ (my personal blog)
www.thomstravel.com (to book your travel & save)
www.ytb.com/thomstravel (own your travel store & travel as an insider)
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  6:28:40 PM  Show Profile
The Mill tour was great! So beautiful in the photos, but to crane my neck up to see the light falling through the windows onto the soft old wood inside, to see the vintage machinery while MJ's husband, Nick, narrated the tour...pinch me! On the top level, the acoustics of the roofline funnelled the music from the band outside, and the footsteps on the wood floor. It really is an absolute gem and I'm so glad MaryJane and Nick are preserving and sharing this really special "bygone" mill. Mr. Baron made a great choice. It was magic.

It was hot, but I was happy! So many great people to meet and chat with. I didn't take pics, but I know the gals who did will soon be heading home, happy and tired, and they will certainly share their adventures with photos.

And the fabric! Not to rub it in, and I'm so sorry, it was fabulous! And, there were teaser samples of more patterns to be released in the fall! I am so glad MJ is branching into fabric and wish her all the very, very best success as she makes so many of us happy with sharing her ideas and gracious personality. Ah, she is a treasure!

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  6:46:20 PM  Show Profile
She IS a treasure.
And all that she has done for all of us
She is terrifically special!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  8:11:16 PM  Show Profile
It was a wonderful day - so fun to see so many people out and about in our small palouse towns!! The mill is a beautiful structure - I loved the room where the fabric was with the old wallpaper and stains on the ceiling, a true sense of history there; I am so glad it is being preserved. The fabric is fabulous too - can't wait for fall.
Good music, good fun, good people, kids having fun - Thank you so much Mary Jane for putting this together, hopefully it will be the start of something big.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  04:38:08 AM  Show Profile
Tell us more! Don't miss a detail! Inquiring minds (those of us at home who couldn't come)want to know!
What did you see? Who did you meet? What did you do? What did you buy or sell? What did you wear? What did you think and how did you feel?
Tell us more....please?
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  07:11:48 AM  Show Profile
Any chance that the preview fabrics you saw have more of a North Woods/outdoor theme? JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  07:29:53 AM  Show Profile
Hmm, not to spoil the suspense...it was themed something like "Grandma had a wild side" and featured greens, purples, blacks, and a pink I think. Lots of chickens. I was drooling.

Walking about the Mill vendors was a darling girl, Robin I think, who was just a postcard! Leading a goat or sheep, straw hat, long beautiful hair, prairie dress. The sweetest gem of some mother's heart. I just know one of MJ's photographers (who are so good, not at all the obnoxious kind-quite the opposite!) captured her image and we'll soon be seeing it somewhere.

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  07:36:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh, another precious memory of the day: As we were touring the mill, there was a giggle from somewhere, and as I came around the side of a wall, there was MaryJane standing in a doorway or arch, the light coming in just so, and just happy as can be. What a surprise! She steps so softly I didn't hear her come, she just appeared and beamed.

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  07:40:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh, and at the store Friday evening, I have to tell you, they were serving the most amazing things, but what stood out most to me was a cheese. It was rubbed with espresso and lavendar. Delish! I really, really hope the MJ crew will let us know where it was made. I'm sure they would take on-line orders. It was not-to-be-missed. I have learned this weekend to always keep a notebook in my pocket to write things down (and thanks to Katmom I've got a cute one now!) There are so many tips/connections/inspirational goodies that spring up at meetings like this with so many creative people. I wish I'd written that name down...

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  07:44:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh Michelle! Robin is my landlady's daughter, isn't she precious? I just love her and she is so very sweet. I've known her since she was born =) I hope that some one got some good photos of her, my camera was being fussy yesterday.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  09:19:20 AM  Show Profile
oh my gosh Michelle - you must have had "barely buzzed" cheese it's a farmstead cheese from Beehive Creamery in Utah. isn't it fabulous? You can tell I'm a fromagophile no? I had that one in Seattle and then the Moscow Coop had it last time i was there, I love love love that cheese!!
Hope everyone has a good time at Settler's Creek today - I'm heading the opposite direction to visit my grandma in Seattle.
It was also great fun watching little kids in the balloon toss, having such a good time playing old fashioned fun games.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"

Edited by - graciegreeneyes on Jul 05 2009 09:44:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  5:23:28 PM  Show Profile
Hello Miss HuckleberryWine from Rosalia--

Wasn't yesterday just glorious?? I could not have asked for nicer weather--hot and dry and not a bit like it was in NY! I sweated out an hour or so in the fabric room to get some and can't wait to sew it up. We'll start a thread so everyone can post their MJ fabric creations...a sort of farmgirl, virtual fashion show!

It was sooooo nice to meet you and the other sisters! Today at Settler's Creek was just perfect...it rained a little early on but dried up and got gloriously sunny. The food was perfect and the fellowship sweet! We finished the afternoon with a little line dancing...learned 2 new ones and got to "shake my bootie" with MaryJane and Rene...how PERFECT is that?!?!?!

See you round the forum...

Carrie M

PS...I'm awfully sorry I missed that cheese. I work with a cheesemaker and she's always looking for new ideas to make and take to the Farmer's Market. That sounds like one she'd like to experiment with.

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Amy Warwick
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Amy
Oakesdale WA
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  5:34:11 PM  Show Profile
Rene,

Sorry I didn't get to line dane with you at Settler's Creek, looked like a lot of fun. Can you place my name on your dance card for the next go around? The whole event was fabulous and I want to thank you myself from the town of Oakesdale!

Amy

please visit amywarwick.com for more information on Amy's writings and upcoming events.
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  5:59:10 PM  Show Profile
FarmFair was magical. I cannot believe I had the chance to be there and meet my Maven Sisters, shop, junk, and eat. Our special rendevous was the icing on the cake. I loved the Co-op, MJ is breathtakingly beautiful. And so personable. Its like you've been friends for years.... I loved joking around with Carol and Brian. Rene', you are AMAZING. Wearing so many hats and making it look effortless.... This is definitely a trip to remember.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Farm Fair underway!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page