Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Have you ever had a day from.................
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Have you ever had a day from................. Next Topic  

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  5:40:49 PM  Show Profile
I had one of those today. My main water lines that feeds the irrigation to my rotation pastures and the livestock water tank there, broke half way between the well and spliter. Even with proper equipment and lots of help, ( thank God for good neighbors), we started on it at 6am, and finished at 4pm. With the heat being high, ( 107 today), it made for a misrable day. And of course we were filling 55 gal barrels with water to pump into the water tanks for the livestock to keep them hydrated, and all my mama's have babies, ( calfs, lambs and kids, plus the horses and ponies). I am am done complaining now, just had to let off some steam, LOL.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  6:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Awww..Teresa! I am sorry you had such a crummy day. Thank goodness you had neighbors who were willing to help. Some days just seem like they are throwing things at you full force. Thankfully, not every day is like this.

Hugs and hopes that tomorrow will prove better for you!!

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  7:05:31 PM  Show Profile
Things like that always either happen in the coldest weather or the hottest. We had the same water line break in 2 different places at 2 totally different times of the year. The first was back in Feb. Freezing cold. Then again just a few weeks ago in 100 degree weather and of course in the sunniest spot in the yard, too. But that's life. Things happen. And it seems like just when you think everything's running smooth, there it goes again!

I hope ya'll got it all fixed and the critters are all happy and have nice fresh water again. But ya know, if we didn't have things like this to do, what would we be doing? Hummm...

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  7:55:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh man..what a day you had!!! We had our irrigation pipe burst out back in the middle of the night this past April and was shooting water super high up in the air (higher than my neighbor's one story house! and wouldn't have known except that my son, who sleeps upstairs on that side of the house heard it! He came and woke us up and husband was able to get it shut down and got it fixed he next day. April is a sure better time for it to happen that July though. i am sure glad you were able to get it fixed and had neighbors to help. Wow...107!
I hope you have a very easy rest of the holiday weekend!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  12:13:25 PM  Show Profile
What a lousy break! Sorry you had such a rough time of it yesterday. I hope today is much better for you!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  1:19:09 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry about your day, but I am sure glad everything is under control now

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Have you ever had a day from................. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page