Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Losing touch... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  5:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Because we move so much, we find it hard to maintain true relationships. Most people SAY they will write, email, call and then NOTHING...I am pretty good about sending off emails, cards, updates, pics, etc...but sometimes I feel like why bother, ya know??? It may sound selfish, but I get so tired of putting 100% into something and then not hearing back from people at all. Then they kind of just disappear. It is frustrating.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  6:01:07 PM  Show Profile
It seems all my friends and part of my family has done nothing but move away in the last couple of years, I am happy to say, I have not lost touch with any. Send me an e-mail, and tell me about your self, and I will send you one back, I promise, sometimes it may take me a day or 4 to do so, but I will.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  6:41:14 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I know what you mean. I have had that happen to me more than once. In fact just recently with someone who I had been very good friends with for a long time. It really hurts my feelings. True friends are rare. You can count on me and Teresa.

I need one of those catchy little phrases here, but I haven't found one yet.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  8:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather- that is why I love this forum so much! I didn't loose contact with any of my friends when I moved!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  06:21:40 AM  Show Profile
My best friend of 30 years who would drive past the store to pick me up to take me to the store even when I would tell her I would meet her at the store, She would drive to my home 3X's a week just to talk, plus we would call each other 3 or 4 X's a day everyday. I moved 30 miles away and some days I feel like I moved to the moon. I have made new friends up here but I miss the closeness we had. We are planning a lunch date on Tuesday with a friend who moved 30 miles in the other direction. I can't wait. But I know how hard it is to keep in touch with close friends. I still would not trade our friendship for anything in the world.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  07:09:28 AM  Show Profile
I have the opposite problem. We live near a town with a transient populatioon ( college town) and it seems that everytime I get close to someone they move away. It's gotten to the point where I think "why bother" when it come to making friends with people. I've tried the keeping in touch thing too but it is really hard.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  08:22:50 AM  Show Profile
It is really hard. So much of a relationship is based on context. When you're not living or working together anymore, what is there to talk about?
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Losing touch... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page