Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 Other BBB vendors........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Other BBB vendors........ Next Topic  

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  12:18:16 PM  Show Profile
how are you coming with your preparations? I am always amazed that it takes me as long as it does to get ready for a show!! This time a little bit longer because I'm trying to get our RV ready too for the trip and we have just gotten it back after loaning it out for 6 months. I am having to restock it all, clothes, food, toiletries etc. Today I'm going through all of my merchandise and making sure everything is tagged and sized, then packing it up for the trip. Tonight I'm going to load the truck with my booth things - tent, gridwall, some bales of hay, fixtures etc. Tomorrow, pack the RV with my merchandise, take the dogs to the kennel for the weekend, pack last minute food, etc. I'm glad I'm so busy, so I don't get over anxious about the show!!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  2:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well, I am still sewing and will be doing hand sewing in the car then most of my tagging and pricing will happen on Friday once we are at our B&B. I can't believe how quick it came up! I see the stack of boxes to go getting bigger but I still wish I could have doubled my production! Next year!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  2:07:28 PM  Show Profile
I know - I always get down to the last minute and no matter how hard I've worked I always think, "I should have more of this item, or I don't have that size in this design. Or maybe I could get one more thing made." Enough!!!

Farmgirl Sister #98
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  2:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL Yeah. I did a silly thing though-- I had planned on producing while I was in Idaho for almost a month and I forgot my sewing machine!! So I feel behind but I think it will be fine. I have 4 super cute dolls and I am going to try to do a couple more doll bodies so I can do the hand sewing in the car. It'll all be fine :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  4:19:51 PM  Show Profile
Did I mention...eek!

I've never sold stuff before. My mom has a booth and was worried about inventory, so I raided my "dragon's cave of stored up treasure" and my sewing room and put together a few things. I can't imagine preparing a whole booth! I'm excited and nervous. I finally had to stop, breathe, and tell myself to let it go and not over-prepare.

I'm with you Alee, I keep repeating, it will all be fine. :) I have new respect for people who do these shows often!

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  4:25:36 PM  Show Profile
Even though I've done this many times, it's still kinda stressful - hoping you're remembering everything and hoping your product goes over alright. This will be the first time we've ever taken our RV to a show, so that's all new to me. I'm lucky dh is coming with me - setting up a show by myself is an exhausting job! Sometimes he moves a little too fast for me - I like to put a few things out, then stand back and decide whether I like it like that or not - but I really am grateful that he's there to help (at least to carry the tent and the gridwall LOL!)

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  5:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am hoping to do the craft and farmers market here in town every Saturday when I get back- If that goes well I will be kept busy until school starts!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  5:56:19 PM  Show Profile
I'll be there with SpringSong Farm, selling our wonderful hand dyed 100% wool yarns and promoting our meat and fibre CSA =) Boy are we ever busy!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  6:03:23 PM  Show Profile
Ooooo - Annika - sounds nice!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  8:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds great, Annika! Don't forget to come check out my mom and I's stall! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  07:12:51 AM  Show Profile
Remember to have lots of water with you. It's suppose to get to 90 or so, oh and a sunhat! JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  07:46:52 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the reminder JoAnn - I don't even know if I have a sunhat - I have a cowboy hat, but that's at the cabin - I have a tent, though, so it may not be too bad. Lots of water for sure!!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page
  **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Other BBB vendors........ Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page