Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Halloween Apron Swap - Full Up!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Halloween Apron Swap - Full Up! Next Topic
Page: of 11

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  1:40:26 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
Your apron is on its way to you as of Saturday.

barnagainkristin

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  2:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
I feel so far behind you gals! I have picked my pattern but have to wait until this weekend to find the fabric! Its hard to think Fall in the middle of summer!

Marcy #257

http://marcysmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  2:57:02 PM  Show Profile
Have no fear Marcy Jo, You are not alone!!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  3:04:38 PM  Show Profile
So many are done!! LOL!! The rest of us still have plenty of time. . . unless they change the date of Halloween!!

Joanna #566
JojoNH

http://www.CountryCents.com
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1669 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1669 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  6:40:15 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I'm so sorry about your mom and your dad. Please take care of your family first. I surely can wait.
Don't worry about me. You have your daughter's wedding to look after to. I can wait really. I hope that your parents will get well soon. Please take care. Your friend
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  8:04:34 PM  Show Profile
Jonnie,

Well, after much looking and trying to decide I found what I consider the perfect everything. It took three (or was it four?) fabric stores but bless Joann's. The fabric I found is Halloween, but also kind of autumn-y. I just fell in love with it and hope you like it. I had the pattern first, but I think I want to change something on it, so we will just have to go along and see how it works out.

Wish me luck in getting this done on time, 'cause I'm a slow one.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  07:03:02 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Good luck Kay, but most important just have fun with it!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Put on the apron of humility.
1 Peter 5:5
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  07:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Kristin, I received my apron yesterday! Now it's my all time favorite!! I think I'll wear it all the time.
Thank you so much. Ya did a great job!!
I also love the large towel..did you do the patchwork yourself? I will use it for sure!!

Your envelope is still waiting in the car. I got a stomach sickness this weekend and still not over it...whine....it's dragging me down..yuk. I'm getting to the po as soon as I can.

Happy Halloween to me!!!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  1:56:39 PM  Show Profile
Looking forward to seeing it for myself, Kay! Fabric store to fabric store - what a great way to spend the day!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Jonnie
Farmgirl 648

"Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do." William Faulkner

Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  5:31:07 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
That was pretty speedy for snail mail. So happy you liked it. It didn't take quite as much sewing as some of the cute patterns I have seen but when I saw the fabric I loved it. I did make the dish towel but it is nothing special. Just something colorful to dry your dishes on during the halloween season. No hurry in getting to the post office and hope your tummy gets feeling better real soon.

Kris

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  6:47:17 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Kristin, yours is in the mail! Let me know when it arrives.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  3:41:05 PM  Show Profile
Laurie, your package has arrived and it made my day !!!! What a treat after a very long few weeks.
And the candles are wonderful. I will be sewing tomorrow :)
Thanks for your encouragement

Tammyb
Sisterchick #541

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1669 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1669 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  5:57:01 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I glad that you liked the apron and thought that the candles would be a little something you would enjoy. I have some in my sewing room. It's so relaxing for me. Sewing is also relaxing for me. Hope everything is going well with your parents. I'll be thinking of your family and your daughters approcing wedding. Let me know how it goes. Your friend,
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  6:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yes, sewing is relaxing....gotta sew

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  6:31:14 PM  Show Profile
can we see pics as you girls get ur aprons? its always so much fun seeing the goodies that come out of these swaps!

hugs

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  6:45:39 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
tried to take pics....but camera messed up

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  7:23:53 PM  Show Profile
Hey, girls! Sounds like the swap is moving right along and here I am blogging away instead of making Kay's apron . Anyways, I just wanted to say please be cautious about candles in the sewing room. I have personal experience with it. I was making a quilt and set it on fire - if I hadn't had OJ handy, it could have been way worse.

Happy stitching!

Jonnie

Jonnie
Farmgirl 648

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  8:10:49 PM  Show Profile
I too managed to set a quilt on fire with a candle in the sewing area. They are great but watch out for them. I need an address from my partner and then my apron will be in the mail. Can't wait to mail it.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  10:03:33 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
Thank you so much. My apron came in the mail today and what a fun package with a new hand knit dish towel and cut outs for yo yos. I love the apron and especially the ruffles. You did a great job and now yours is my favorite. Thanks again!

Kris
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  06:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
Good Morning ladies!!!

I am working on the embellishment(sp?) of Kathy's apron.

I would love to see pictures of your treasures...come on ladies make us drool.

Have a blessed day everyone. Pam

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  08:10:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh no!! You set fire to a quilt from a candle??? wow, who would have thought that would happen. Glad you are okay. . . sorry the quilt was not.

I have always feared having candles going in the house. We have an antique coal stove from the caboose of a train. I always place my candles inside the stove when I light them. The cool part is, it looks like the stove is "lite" and you see the light from the candle dancing around inside the stove. No worries about it tipping over or forgetting to put it out.

Joanna #566
JojoNH

http://www.CountryCents.com
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  3:23:00 PM  Show Profile
Well, DD came down for a family wedding and I was showing her all my treasures for Jonnie's apron and she came up with some good ideas. I had been mulling something similar around in my head, but hers were so much better, so now it will look so super cool! I love fabric shops. I forgot how much fun they could be. But it's driving poor DH crazy! When I was a teenager, my mom always made me by the cheapest polyester crap and I really hated it. I actually made a couple of dresses out of old bed sheets (my first dress with a Nehru collar - lavendar). Now that I'm working again, I will start going back. I had been going to yarn shops, but I think I will stick with the fabric shops now.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  3:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yippee...Kay..keep having fun with fabric!!
....when I really really want (not need) some new fabric I just pick out a few fat quarters. I don't need them but feel so satisfied to have new fabrics.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  8:46:07 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Joanna, I did. Actually it was a table runner and it only caught fire on the end, so I was able to save it. Turned out pretty good.

And, yes, Kay, keep having fun with fabrics :-) I love working with fabric, too. Linda is right about fat quarters, too. When I have a real craving, I just pick up a few and it seems to work. They are useful for making small quilts and adding embellishments, too. I also used to buy the cheap stuff, but as I've been quilting longer, I've actually become something of a fabric snob. I buy most of mine at quilt shops and don't even go to JoAnn's or Hancock's. If I'm making something that's supposed to last for a few generations, I don't want to use cheap fabric. A quilt is only as good as its worst fabric.

Have fun sewing everyone!

Jonnie

Jonnie
Farmgirl 648

Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  3:10:19 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sally,

Another little tease! How are you doing and how is your sewing going? I had to stop sewing for a bit, but am on vacation for a couple of days now, so I'm gonna get going again. Hope all is going well.

Have a good day!

Michelle
Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Halloween Apron Swap - Full Up! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page