goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  12:40:48 PM  Show Profile
Ticked off, I am!! Get this, on the longest day of summer, it's 31 degrees and 4 plants decided it was time to off themselves. They had little 'maters on them too.

At least I have 6 plants left with some good little ones growing. Next year, I think I'll put them in containers so I can take them in at night. We covered them the other nite but it didn't do any good.

Bah!!

Winona

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  8:44:38 PM  Show Profile
My tomatoes aren't doing much better Winona. It's been cool here too(50's + 60's) and lots of rain this year. Not only are they suffering from the cold but I think they've had too much water. Boo Hoo! They're still hanging in there though and I'm hoping they'll snap out of it, if and when it heats up!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

DearMildred
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Amanda
Tulsa OK
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  1:39:01 PM  Show Profile
It's been 100+ degrees here with 80+ % humidity, my tomatoes are suffering on the opposite end of the spectrum! The weather's not supposed to break till Sunday, and I sure hope they revive themselves next week when it's only in the 90s. :O

~~~Amanda in OK~~~

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Miss Hattie
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Laurie
Traer IA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  04:44:14 AM  Show Profile
Greetings from Iowa! First time on any sort of forum so please forgive me if I screw up. My tomatoes aren't looking the best either. Extremely hot and wet. I was at the local grocery store and they had tomatoes really cheap so I bough 12 more to plant. Is it a lost cause planting them this late in the year. I was hoping to have some to can this Fall but the way it's going it looks like they're destined to be the makings of BLT's. I'd appreaciate any feedback. Have a stellar day!

Deo Valente
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  08:05:50 AM  Show Profile
HI Laurie! Welcome. If you screw up, this is the place to do it cause these Farmgals are the greatest. They will help you through anything.

Amanda, that big break in the weather that we are supposed to get Sunday don't sound too promising. The temp is supposed to drop by 10 degrees but not much chance of rain. If you are supposed to get some rain then I'll start going by Tulsa's forcast and not Bartlesville or Coffeyville. Just listening to a forcast of some rain would do me some good.

My tomato plants are looking really good. Can't explain why. Loaded with nice big green ones. Haven't got that first ripe one yet. I usually have cherry tomaotes by now but they are really late for some reason. They have little green ones so maybe a week or so.
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Lost 4 tomato plants... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page